EI dosing V Off the shelf fertz

Discussion in 'Aquarium Fert Dosing' started by Dolly Sprint 16v, 31 May 2009.

1. Dolly Sprint 16v

Dolly Sprint 16v Member

Gang@Ukaps

Has their ever been a poll in what people use - Off the shelf fertz or E.I and also poeple opinions what they think is the best to use inc. reasons why.

To the polling booths.

Regards
    Paul.

2. zig

zig Member

I'd say most are using EI method DIY ferts thats what I use personally.

For trace I use Tropica plant nutrition although I'm sure the DIY stuff is fine as well.

All the moneybags are probably full ADA range etc 8) :lol: more of a ghetto scaper myself :D

3. Piemonster

Piemonster Member

Currently dosing TPN+ but switching to DIY ferts once the current bottle is empty due to costs and to allow me to make up a solution for autodosing.

4. Dave Spencer

Dave Spencer Member

I use the salts from AE. I bought them over two years ago and haven`t used up half of them yet.

Dave.

5. nry

nry Member

KN03 and KP04 dry salts mixed with water and Tropica PN for trace - I found the powdered trace clouded my water which is down to different chelators being used in the powders vs the Tropica PN bottle.

6. chump54

chump54 Member

I use the same, for the same reasons

edit: :D oops, actually use dry salts straight into tank :)

chris

7. Superman

Superman Member

My main tank uses EI dry salts from AE/ebay, I find on a larger scale it's easier and also cheaper.
    For ease, I use TPN+ for my nano and also I generally find TPN+ in the bargain trolley at the LFS - but I'd use dry salts if/when I run out.

8. Themuleous

Themuleous Member

EI from dry powers for me, cheaper.

Sam

9. john starkey

john starkey Member

Hi all,i used to use dry powders but i now use tpn+,easy carbo,and tpn,and get this dosage,
    tpn+ 7mls 5 days,15mls easy carbo 5 days,tpn 10mls 5 days,6th day rest,7th water change and start again,i realise its costly but it suits me, regards john.

10. Tony Swinney

Tony Swinney Member

Hi all.

I'm trying them all :lol: the discus tank takes home brewed All In One solution with dry salts from AE, the nano takes TPN+ (with KNO3 added ;) ) and I'm trying ADA Brighty ferts for the first 3 months in the optiwhite :oops: However this will change to EI once the 3 mth supply has ran out :D

Cheers
    Tony

11. chris1004

chris1004 Member

I now use full EI dosing with AE dry powders including their trace mix. Have only experienced clouding from the trace mix when I have added flourish excel at the same time, it goes in 24hrs and doesn't seem to effect the fish though.

12. TDI-line

TDI-line Member

TPN+ for me, that's all. :D

13. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

i used TPN+ on my 60l daily, bu on my 240l i shall be using EI as it is cheaper :D