• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ei help please

hixy

Hello folks.I have just worked out fert dosage using the aquarium nutrient calculator.

They are
1/16 kno3
1/32 k2so4
1/64 kh2po4
3/16 mgso4.

Firstly what are the ferts i need to order where can i buy a measuring spoon and the ferts.The tank is six gallon.

regards mick

1/16 kno3
1/32 k2so4
1/64 kh2po4
3/16 mgso4.

Also have a look on ebay

KN03 - nitrate of potash or saltpetre
K2So4 - not required as this is as per below - K2 is in the Kh2Po4 and the So4 is in the Mgso4 - save yourselve some pennies.
Kh2Po4 - no other name
Mgso4 - Espom salts

Regards
paul.

Flyfisherman said:
1/16 kno3
1/32 k2so4
1/64 kh2po4
3/16 mgso4.

Also have a look on ebay

KN03 - nitrate of potash or saltpetre
K2So4 - not required as this is as per below - K2 is in the Kh2Po4 and the So4 is in the Mgso4 - save yourselve some pennies.
Kh2Po4 - no other name
Mgso4 - Espom salts

Regards
paul.

Cheers Paul.Thanks alot :D

hixy said:
Hello folks.I have just worked out fert dosage using the aquarium nutrient calculator.

They are
1/16 kno3
1/32 k2so4
1/64 kh2po4
3/16 mgso4.

Firstly what are the ferts i need to order where can i buy a measuring spoon and the ferts.The tank is six gallon.

regards mick

Just realised i have ordered some measuring spoons of ebay but they only go down to 1/8.How do i measure 1/16-1/32-3/16th.

cheers mick :oops:

hixy said:
hixy said:

They are
1/16 kno3
1/32 k2so4
1/64 kh2po4
3/16 mgso4.

regards mick

Just realised i have ordered some measuring spoons of ebay but they only go down to 1/8.How do i measure 1/16-1/32-3/16th.

cheers mick :oops:

Mick

As per the above dosing regime - is this for week or daily dosing and I assume your are adding the powder dry.

You could do a wet mix - if the above is for a weekly dosing, multiply everything by 4 Inc. the quantity of water and that should give you one months supply.

Regards
Paul

Hello Paul i think its 3 times a week though it doesnt say anything about trace minerals.My tank is approx 6 gallons.Could someone work it out for me to double check.
Yes they will be dry ferts.They have just turned up today.
Cheers mick

hixy said:
Hello Paul i think its 3 times a week though it doesnt say anything about trace minerals.My tank is approx 6 gallons.Could someone work it out for me to double check.
Cheers mick

Mick

Your tank is 6 Uk gallon or 27 ltr is approx 7.7 US gallons

I have worked out for regime based on a 10 US gallon tank. This is for a 4 week period.

So here is your mix as per E.I article on here

KN03 = 1 tps mixed with 600 mls of warm tap water

KH2PO4 = 0.5 tps as above

MGS04 = 3 tps as above

50mls per dosage - 3 x per week (Alternative days IE. Mon - Wed - Fri)

CSM-B = 0.25 tps - mixed with 200 mls of tap water

25mls per dosage - 2 x per week (Between the NPK dosing IE. Tues - Thurs)

Regards
Paul.

Flyfisherman said:
hixy said:
Cheers mick

Mick

Your tank is 6 Uk gallon or 27 ltr is approx 7.7 US gallons

I have worked out for regime based on a 10 US gallon tank. This is for a 4 week period.

So here is your mix as per E.I article on here

KN03 = 1 tps mixed with 600 mls of warm tap water

KH2PO4 = 0.5 tps as above

MGS04 = 3 tps as above

50mls per dosage - 3 x per week (Alternative days IE. Mon - Wed - Fri)

CSM-B = 0.25 tps - mixed with 200 mls of tap water

25mls per dosage - 2 x per week (Between the NPK dosing IE. Tues - Thurs)

Regards
Paul.

Thank you so much Paul.Just to clarify.The KNO3/KH2PO4/MGSO4 all go in a 600 mls bottle of water that will last me for 4 weeks.The csm-b is the trace minerals and i just do as you have instructed.
would i do a 50% water change on wednesday
regards mick

hixy said:
Thank you so much Paul.Just to clarify.The KNO3/KH2PO4/MGSO4 all go in a 600 mls bottle of water that will last me for 4 weeks.The csm-b is the trace minerals and i just do as you have instructed.

regards mick

Yes Mick

Both of these are for a 4 week supply.

Regards
Paul.

Back