EI on my rio 125

Discussion in 'Aquarium Fert Dosing' started by Jack middleton, 22 Oct 2009.

1. Jack middleton

Jack middleton Member

My rio 125 goes through bottles of TPN+ like nobodies business, i have enough to last me till christmas so for christmas im going to ask for dry ferts.

I want to dose the powders dry instead of mixing them up if possible.

Ive had a scan through the pin but still dont know how to estimate, the amount of powder that will need dosing.

If I dose trace straight from the container do i still need ascorbic acid and potassium sorbate?

Thanks,

The tank will be running CO2 @30ppm from christmas, and lighting is 56 watts of T5 (God damn you juwel!)

2. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

You can dose the salts straight into the tank, I did that for over a year and it worked just fine, have a look at my journal which is also for a Juwel Rio 125, I have quantities there and also a nice holder for the daily dosage of ferts.

This is what I dosed my tank with dry salts straight into the tank:

Fertilisation:

Macro: KN03 (2.4 grams 3x week ), KH2P04 (0.6 grams 3x a week) e K2S04 (0.6 grams 3x a week)
    Micro: Trace Mix from AE (0.6 grams 3x a week) e MgS04 (4 grams 3x a week)

Both mixes are dosed on alternate days. I also add 5ml of EasyCarbo per day, helps the plants with the extra carbon and also kills off the algea.

Sunday: 50% water change + Macro
    Monday: Micro
    Tuesday: Macro
    Wednesday: Micro
    Thursday: Macro
    Friday: Micro
    Saturday: Day Off

Have a read though my journal, will also show you the up and downs of the hobby haha ;) Hope that helps :)

3. Jack middleton

Jack middleton Member

brilliant!