• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

EI solution shelf life?

CeeJay

Hi all.
Couple of quick questions about EI.
1. Do my 2 mixed solutions of NPK & Trace have any recommended shelf life?
Just need to clarify in case I get strange things growing in them if I mixed up a big batch.
2. Do I really need to use DI or RO water for the mixture?
I'm currently using tap water but have seen no negative effects so far. (I've probably answered my own question with that statement :oops: )
Please forgive my newbieness.
Thanks in advance.

Chris

Yep Chris, you've answered your own question. Congratulations! :D There no reason to have negative effects using tap water so why pay for special water? If you're collecting RO to use in the tank anyway then you can certainly use this but why bother? There is no advantage one way or the other.

The powders themselves have no shelf life dry, but in solution you might get mold/fungus/bacteria over time if the liquid is exposed to heat and light. That's another reason I mix only one month batches. Avoids that issue entirely.

Cheers,

Another little bit learnt. :D
Thanks Clive. Your help has been invaluable.
My current batch was made up for 1 month so it looks like I'll stick to that measurement for all future dosing.
As you once said, it's as simple as putting sugar in your tea, and I make a lot of tea :lol:
Once again many thanks.

Chris

Back