• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eleocharis acicularis sp. 'Mini' Melting

carljohnson1983

Hi all, new setup, been hoping for about 2 weeks but my sp mini is what looks like on its way out already. Any advice.
Tank - 60l cube
Soil - tropica aqua soil
Co2 - tropica plant growth system 60
Light - 2 times chihiros desk type lights
264431336_10160062108759740_8979553814943312385_n.jpg

Hi all,
been hoping for about 2 weeks but my sp mini is what looks like on its way out already. Any advice.
It doesn't look good. The webbing looks fungal. I'd prune off all the top growth from the Eleocharis, ideally I'd expect to see root growth along the glass, even if the top growth isn't great.
Co2 - tropica plant growth system 60
I'm going to assume from that that this isn't a dry start? and that the tank water is just really clear?

cheers Darrel

Thanks, sorry the webbing is off the red moor wood thats in the tank. and no its not a dry start. I'll trim it down tomorrow when I offically do my water change and will give it a few more days and see what its like.

Hi
Sometimes carpet plants struggle to cope with all stuff that aquasoil substrate releases in initial setup if the oxygen levels are low.
Had similar issues with HC in the past but much more severe melt.My substrate was ADA aquasoil.
Increase of oxygen levels by adding airstone during lights off help massively and plants took off fairly quickly.
How often do you do your water changes atm?
Regards Konstantin

Ive found eleocharis mini in vitro takes a long time to get going and to be very sensitive to too much light after planting. Could your lights be too bright?

Back