• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eleocharis Parvula doesn't create runners?

mede

I have Eleocharis Parvula planted for two weeks now in my new started scape. I've cut the immersed plants to about two centimers and planted them into the gravel.

I'm following EI-method and using pressurized CO2 and EasyCarbo (no fish yet). After two week my Eleocharis Parvula (and other plants) has grown quick, but is not having any runners so far. It only grows long stems. Is this normal for the Eleocharis Parvula at startup?

Can I expect runners and a carpeting plant soon? Can I already start pruning the Eleocharis Parvula if you look at the picture?

Picture of how they look after two weeks:

15081701622_68d281b61d_o.jpg

That tall not sure is parvula even if you don't have enough co2, you might have planted eleocharis acicularis or vivipara. :)

Well, I bought it as Parvula in an online (Dutch) plant shop and I was actually also not expecting that it would grow approx. 8 cm....

I think the Hydrocotyle and maybe also the Parvula are growing up because of low light and short light duration because I'm starting this tank. pH is dropping from 8.1 to 6.5 before light goes on.

I use 1x 24W T5HO 6500K on 55 liters of water and the T5 is placed approx. 35cm above the water surface (60cmx30cmx35cm). Probably next week I will lower down the lamp a few centimeters.

I will trim the Eleocharis tomorrow and hope for some runners soon then :)

Back