• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eleocharis parvula (dwarf hairgrass) and Amano Shrimp

Mudhead

Seedling
Hi all,

A friend gave me a small bunch of dwarf hairgrass. Never mind growing it, I’m having trouble planting it. I think my Amano Shrimp are pulling it back up overnight and I wake up to a floating mess in the morning.

Has anyone experienced this before and anyone have any tips please.

Cheers

Whenever I plant dwarf hair grass I normally find some of it working lose with shrimp and fish exploring whats new in the tank, once the plant manages to get some roots down this will stop, try burying it deeper into the substrate to allow this to happen. I always thought that planting it to deep would harm it and cause it to rot, but long as some of the grass is above the substrate I've found it to be survive. Apart from that its just perseverance :)

What kind of substrate are you using out of curiosity ?

I'm sure others on here will be able to give more advice :thumbup:

Thanks for your help. After replanting in smaller bunches, mainly because it all split up after floating all night and day, it seems to have stayed down. Hopefully some of it stays in this time.

I have dennerle deponitmix 9in1 capped with sand and small gravel mix.

Back