• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eleocharis parvula

Stu72

Hi, just need some advice on growing Eleocharis parvula, I'm using this as the main foreground feature to my set-up.

Tank size is 24 X 15 x 12. Lighting: Hagen T5HO double overhead unit on 8 hrs a day, Internal Filter: Aquael Internal UV 500, Substrate Oliver Knott nature soil (small black) ( not using any ferts yet as soil is full of nutrients) also using small CO2 diffuser with drop checker and DIY yeast set-up. PH is bordering 7.00 so slightly acidic. Plus 1 Otocinclus catfish, 3 Horned Nerite Snails, 1 red shrimp, 6 asian rummy nose, 3 Raspora Galaxy, a pair of Apistogramma agassizii double reds.

Most of the plants have been divided and planted about 10cm apart. just after some tips and tricks on how to speed up growth and to bring out the best in this species - plus I'm having slight issue's with brown algae.

Thanks

Stu

My advice is to only use one light and switch to pressurised. DIY is terribly unreliable and will leave you with fluctuating co2 levels which is like writing a sign saying "algae welcome here". Not adding ferts from the off with so much light will fate you to a similar demise.
Ph means nothing, a properly set up drop checker will tell you far more than any ph reading.

These few threads will give you more or less everything you need to know.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=467
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1275
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1211

Back