• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ember Tetras with Shrimp

BarryH

I have a tank with Blue Dream shrimp in it and at the minute, they look a little lost. Just wondering if Ember Tetras would make good tank mates for the shrimp?

My other tropical tanks are shared by Harlequin Rasboras and Fire Red Sakura shrimp and they continue to thrive and they have always been good tank mates but I was thinking of something a little different.

Embers are very peaceful in my experience, so you should be fine. They will give a nice contrast to the blue shrimp.
That's what I was hoping for.

I made a bit of a daft mistake when I set the Blue Dream tank up. As with all my other tanks, I used a black vinyl background and the blue shrimp get lost against it. Hopefully the Embers will add a bit of colour until I can get round to changing the background.

Embers do not view babaulti shrimp or gammarus as food. Also I have never seen Embers even peck at the decor - let alone a possible baby shrimp invisible to the eye.

Last edited:
I have embers and green tetras in a tank where there is a vibrant shrimp population, I have never seen them interact.

Back