• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Emersed Bonsai Tree

Joeologist

Seedling
Evening all,

I’ve recently gotten a ADA 60F and really want to have an emersed Ficus Ginseng as part of the layout.

Has anyone tried it or has a better idea of how it works? I’ve seen a couple of pictures on Instagram but I’m still not certain on how they have pulled it off (they didn’t reply to me asking them!) you can grow Bonsai hydroponically so presumably it would just be a case of working the roots round some rock?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Working roots around rocks in Bonsai is an extremely lengthy and delicate process taking many years. First grow the Bonsai to sufficient age and size in a regular pot, then take it out, remove the soil, drape/guide and trim the roots over a rock and tie the tree to it and place it in a pot again. Then from that point, it still takes a few years of growing, caring and works to get to a better and propper aged looking result.

The aquascapes with elevated hardscape creating a cliff with an emersed growing bonsai on top of that. All created a separate closed container section, completely apart from the flooded part and hidden behind the pieces of rock surrounding it. Then the roots that seemingly grow over and around these rocks towards the water are decorative pieces of DW, could be from spider wood. And not from the actual Bonsai itself.

Someone on here has done a scape using a bonsai tree emersed. Was a few years ago though.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Back