• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Emersed set up

Danlacey1988

So I've just set up this up to trial growing plants emersed
So far trying with diffrent types of hygrophillia
Some rotalla hra
Water sprite
And anubis to see which grows best

Attachments

• 20230526_183342.jpg
    20230526_183342.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 148
Didn't know it would do alright outside in one of them tubs there all leds anyway and don't use much power
I do grow plants out side In the patio ponds from the other pond thread

If you can find the right location outside, somewhere out of midday full sun but, in a good bright spot, then you can expect very fast growth!
From now until September is a good period to experiment, I have some containers with hair grass that stay outside all year but we don't normally go below freezing where I live.
If growing outside, when possible, you can expose your plants to rain but otherwise just keep the lid closed, stand back and watch them growwwww…..

Little update I filmed this originally for my tiktok account but it will do the Job
As you can see they have grow quite well now thinking of moving them into a bigger tub like a ikea one I have used before for my plant holding tank what do you guys think as the plants now seem to be out growing the propagater.

Update video emersed plants

Back