• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Empty Fire Extinguisher Disposal

Andrew Reynolds

Seedling
Hi Guys,

I just replaced my first empty 2kg fire extinguisher with a full one. What do you do with the empty ones if you have bought them online?

Also my first one lasted 49 days on a 180 litre tank. Is that a typical sort of period? I was hoping it would last longer may be 2 - 3 months. I started with 2 bubbles a second in a JBL Taifun spiral reactor and dropped it to 1.5 per second for that last 3 weeks.

Hope you are staying safe and keeping well.

Andrew

Your local firestation will be able to tell you were to get an extinguisher serviced,

Im always bemused by folk having problems getting and refilling fire extinguishers.unless you live in the back of beyond I would have thought that most town and cities would have at least one supplier of fire prevention equipment. ....as all businesses and many homes will have extinguishers so they must get new FEs or refills and I cant imagine they rely on online sales...but who knows??

Im always bemused by folk having problems getting and refilling fire extinguishers.unless you live in the back of beyond I would have thought that most town and cities would have at least one supplier of fire prevention equipment. ....as all businesses and many homes will have extinguishers so they must get new FEs or refills and I cant imagine they rely on online sales...but who knows??

I have to travel to Dublin from midlands Ireland to get refills. It’s ok for me as I have a car but I know many people who just can’t get to a refill source. Some places are just better for it.

I live way past the of back beyond, there's a good shop for fish a 15 mile drive away but plants and equipment have to be ordered online.

Back