• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

English woodland Long overdue update

Re: English woodland PICTURES

This is the fella i love replys from,you have got to love him aint ya :lol: how ya keeping Garuf ?i take your point and i will look at it tomorrow,when are we going to see your setup ?

cheers mate

Re: English woodland

sanj said:
john starkey said:
Thanks for the being so enthusiastic,hope I can do something worthwhile,well I have ordered the plants I have gone for weeping moss instead of Xmas moss,so planting day is this Fridy,I forgot to mention that filtration will be via a eheim pro 3 250 ,
Regards john

The nice thing about christmas moss is the formation, a little like fern, which would have been great for an English woodland. I dont know about the weeping moss but from pictures I have seen it is quite different.

Hi Sanj,i cant find a journal about your 60ltr,do you have any pics of it ?,
cheers john.

I'm very well John, exceptionally poor but that's how it goes when you're a student, hows things your end? My loan still hasn't arrived, it was due on the 10th of September, good to know that after the faff everyone had last year student finance have really pulled their fingers out and got it all sorted. :rolleyes:
I was hoping to have my tank planted full, brimming with plants months back but it just never happened, the sole reason being money, everything I could possibly need is attached to the tank waiting for the plants and water. Infuriating doesn't sum it up well enough.
Hope you're well Mate.

john starkey said:
cheers john.

Hey John,

I dont have a journal for my Dennerle, partly because it was mainly to house a strain of Gertrudes Rainbow. I did not put alot of effort into aquascaping it, so its unfit for showing lol.

The christmas moss is not in there though its on my larger tank. I will see if i can get a closer shot of some.

sanj said:
john starkey said:
cheers john.

Hey John,

I dont have a journal for my Dennerle, partly because it was mainly to house a strain of Gertrudes Rainbow. I did not put alot of effort into aquascaping it, so its unfit for showing lol.

The christmas moss is not in there though its on my larger tank. I will see if i can get a closer shot of some.

Cheers Sanj.

Garuf said:
I'm very well John, exceptionally poor but that's how it goes when you're a student, hows things your end? My loan still hasn't arrived, it was due on the 10th of September, good to know that after the faff everyone had last year student finance have really pulled their fingers out and got it all sorted. :rolleyes:
I was hoping to have my tank planted full, brimming with plants months back but it just never happened, the sole reason being money, everything I could possibly need is attached to the tank waiting for the plants and water. Infuriating doesn't sum it up well enough.
Hope you're well Mate.

Its nice to see the tories are putting this country back on its feet :crazy: ,if i was you i would get a job in banking look at all those big fat bonuses,

take care john.

looking great John! I reckon i can see where your headin' with it.

With the placement of the hardscape, you've acheived some good sense of depth allready! :thumbup:

Mark Evans said:
looking great John! I reckon i can see where your headin' with it.

With the placement of the hardscape, you've acheived some good sense of depth allready! :thumbup:

Cheers mark,it will all look different when planted up.

Planting tomorrow (Friday), i have all of my plants except the Marsilea hursuta which will be with me next week,so i have xmas moss,stourogyne,weeping moss,and java fern narrow,i will also change the stone to slightly larger ones,
regards,
john.

Re: English woodland COUPLE OF PLANTING PICTURES

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

Hi all,this is what i finished up with,i decided to only have a couple of stones and left the rest out,just the marsilea to go in next week,i am running 36 watts of light over this and i want to add co2 but all my cylinders are too big to fit in the cupboard,how small are cylinders available ?.
regards,
john.

Looks really great, John, I can't wait to see it all fully planted, it already looks an absolute winner!

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments,the plants always look good at first then its all down hill :crazy: ,but i will be doing two water changes a week for a few weeks,but i need to get a small enough co2 bottle from somewhere asap,so i can get it rigged up,i will be using easy carbo anyway for most of the time so hopefully i wont get too many algae issues,
whats do guys think of 36watts over this 60ltr,i think it should be ok ?
regards,
john.

nelson said:
john starkey said:
nelson said:
that looks great John :D .

JBL 500g cylinders are about 42-43cm high.then a titchy bit more for the base/stand.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JBL-PROFLORA-M500 ... 33617630d1

Thanks Nelson,is it you selling the jbl cylinder ? as i dont have an ebay account,
regards,
john.
no,not me.just put that on so you could see what they're like.

Oh ok thanks anyway for that,
chers john.

Back