• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

English woodland Long overdue update

George Farmer said:
Brilliant, John.

One of the best nanos around at the moment, and made even better by your success at eradicating the nuisance algae.

Kudos.

All the best with your next project; whatever size you decide.

Thank,s George that means a lot from one so talented :thumbup: ,i am looking forward to my new tank but it will be a little longer yet as i am saving for it instead of raiding the saving,s account :lol: ,

john.

Garuf said:
I don't think 60l is a nano! ;)

Great work John, good to have you posting again!

Thank,s garuf :thumbup: ,it did say 60ltr nano on the box :lol: ,what i enjoy most about is maintenance takes about 20 mins,

john.

SteveUK said:
Fantastic John! I can confirm that the moss is fantastically healthy, as John very kindly sent me a bag full recently, and it was the healthiest I've ever seen, even after 24 hours in the post!

I look forward to seeing it in the flesh again mate!

Thank,s Steve,your always welcome mate,Ann enjoys your visit,s :thumbup: ,curry and few tinnies :lol: ,

john.

Super healthy plants John. Great job :thumbup:
Tankwise yes yes go bigger although i am getting tired of maintaining my office 120x55x45. But thinking about 150x60x60 at the same time :lol:

Piece-of-fish said:
Super healthy plants John. Great job :thumbup:
Tankwise yes yes go bigger although i am getting tired of maintaining my office 120x55x45. But thinking about 150x60x60 at the same time :lol:

I actually find maintaining an 8ft x 3ft tank just as easy as one your size, but my 60 litre dennerle "nano" has gone to pot with a covering of horrid black slimey algae.

The biggest pain with larger tanks would have been waterchanging if you did it by bucket, but do it by hose and its a doddle.

I could understand John if he is an oldie lol, but then again when is old actually old? My breeder mate in Belgium is in his 60s and maintains 70 odd tanks. :D

So I dont know, we all have to make the decision thats suits, but im just trying to encourage people who if thinking bigger, go for the biggest you can otherwise youll only end up ugrading and spending more money in the end.

I guess another counter point, Larger tanks will be more expensive to run and harder to get flow and co2 distribution even.

Hmm...

sanj said:
I guess another counter point, Larger tanks will be more expensive to run and harder to get flow and co2 distribution even.

Hmm...

No stems and non co2?
That's what I have in my 160l and if it wasn't for the moss (takes about 1 hour monthly to maintain in this tank) it would be near zero 'wet hands in tank' maintenance. Just WC's and filter cleaning. Downside... it has taken 2 years to grow in.

Back