• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

English woodland Long overdue update

Re: English woodland

This is very nice already. I like to see fern in tank and excellence photography. The shrimp look superb.

Just a little update no pics at the moment,for some reason i am struggling with the marsilea,considering it suposed to an easy plant its just not really taking off,so what i have done is cut it back really hard to see if that works,if not out it comes :rolleyes: ,the xmas moss is going really well as is the java fern narrow,when i get the foreground sorted i will get some pics up,

regards,
john.

I think a hard cutback might be what's needed... Act like the Conservative government mate... hack and slash! :lol:

Looking forward to taking a look this weekend, and catching up :)

Lovely plant choice, they should look very nice all together. Good luck with marsilea its a nice plant.

Wow this scape looks lovely. Nice work. Cant wait to see some fish in there! :D

TommyG said:
Wow this scape looks lovely. Nice work. Cant wait to see some fish in there! :D

I have put in 8 galaxy rasbors,don,t see them much though :lol: ,and two oto,s
regards,
john.

John

Nice to see your tank in the flesh! Looked great did you add your new bits yet?

Andy

P.s thanks for the bacon butty!

Those Hengali's really made the difference John! It was amazing to see the Galaxy rasboras come out and swim about when you put the hengali's in :)

Hope you haven't had any jumpers yet!

andyh said:
John

Nice to see your tank in the flesh! Looked great did you add your new bits yet?

Andy

P.s thanks for the bacon butty!

Hi Andy,i took out the marsilea and replaced it with E Parvula,the diatoms issue seems to be sorted now that the filter has fully matured,i will put up some pics when i am home next monday,i am going to Donna nook tomorrow for three days to photograph the seal pups,
regards,
john.

SteveUK said:
Those Hengali's really made the difference John! It was amazing to see the Galaxy rasboras come out and swim about when you put the hengali's in :)

Hope you haven't had any jumpers yet!

It was amazing how the galaxy rasboras came out of hiding once i put those 6 Hengali,s in,they are on show all the time now,no jumpers yet :thumbup: ,
regards,
john.

Re: English woodland (Picture update 4th dec)

Just a small update with a shot of the tank before i trim the xmas moss,i removed the marsilea from the foreground as it seemed to be struggling and replaced it with E Parvula,this seems to be doing well and starting to spread around the foreground,i left some of the marsilea at the sides as this seems to be doing ok in the area where there is less light,i am considering putting something in the right hand corner to add some height as i feel it looks bare,any ideas would be welcome as i want to try and keep it looking english :crazy: ,

IMG_3368.jpg

thanks for looking

john.

wow, this tank is looking great. it's very inspirational towards my new nano tank which i'll be setting up soon. i especially like the moss on the wood, but i also think that that the E.parvula will look great when it spreads.

cheers :D

Very nice John, E.parvula is my all time favourate ground cover although I do think the Marsilea would be more fitting with the English woodland theme. I have it growing in one of my tanks with leds, no problem getting it to grow. No two tanks are the same of course. Perhaps it needed more time I dont know.

John again the moss on the wood looks brilliant :D Whats your secrete?

That moss has really come on john since i was last at yours! Eating bacon butties!

Andy

Krish's Bettas said:
John again the moss on the wood looks brilliant :D Whats your secrete?

No secrets,just tie it on and hope it grows,seriously i have never struggled with moss of any type,i dont know if the worcester water has anything to do with it as its very hard,thanks very much,
regards,
john.

Back