• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Estimate Index Dosing Query

mark4785

I'm a big fan of the Estimate Index dosing regime which involves interchangeably adding macro-nutrients and micro-nutrients for 5/6 days of the week and then removing 50% of the water on day 7.

I've found a minor downside to this though. The downside is that I'm not always near the aquarium to ensure that I can dose before the lights come on because I'm a FT student and a techie learning how to do web-hosting.

So I was wondering if it is harmful or detrimental to the plants and/or fish if I add a week's worth of macro-nutrients on day 7 after the 50% W/C is conducted? I will still need to dose micro-nutrients every other day as the hardness of my water causes the iron to deplete very quickly so I will need to frequently dose this

I'd appreciate people's thoughts on this as I don't want to just change the dosing regime in such a dramatic way if I'm not going to achieve a positive outcome.

Thanks,
Mark.

Not sure, id have thought that should the plants use up the ferts half way through the week then they'll be with out and may suffer. Saying that I used to dose weekly when I used tropica ferts a few years ago

Ok. I guess it's not certain what would happen if I dosed all in one go. I think to be on the safe side I won't change the frequency of the dosing knowing that it doesn't cause any issues to dose after lights on.

Thanks for your advice! :)

Back