ETH300 Question

Discussion in 'Hardware & DIY' started by Joecoral, 16 Aug 2008.

1. Joecoral

Joecoral Member

Just received my Eth300 today, and I just wanted to confirm which way you need to turn the blue bits to hold the hose in place

I assume you start off with the blue bits nearest the heater itself, push the hose on, then "unscrew" them so they move down over the hose, assuming holding it in place. I only ask as this seems a little counter-intuitive

In other words, like in my diagram, push hose on THEN turn blue bits so they move in the direction of the arrow?

eth300.jpg

Thanks
    JC :D

2. zig

zig Member

Correct, and keep the heater upright so no air pockets collect.

3. Garuf

Garuf Member

Its a shame that eths are ugly as sin and a sod to hang properly because they're a fantastic peice of equipment. If anyone has any tips on getting them inside the cabinet and not weighing down on the lily pipes I'm all ears.

4. zig

zig Member

I used an extra long loop of pipe hosing coming down from the lily pipe inside the tankstand and the ETH then hangs from the ceiling :) of my tank stand, so basically I screwed a hook directly underneath the tank and the ETH hangs from that loosely with a bit of wire a few inches down from the ceiling of the stand. The extra long loop of hosing either side of the ETH puts no pressure on the lily pipe and lets the ETH hang in an upright position as well, does that make sense? probably hard to visualise, it works though. You really just need to give lots of extra play either side of the ETH with an extra long piece of pipe hosing, and then you loop the hosing either side of the ETH inside the tankstand and this takes the pressure off the lilypipe and the ETH itself.

5. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

Plastic Speedfit pipe clips are good to organise the pipes and keep them secure in the cabinet. Simply screw them to the inside to clip the tubing before it leaves the cabinet. I've used 15mm ones on my 12/16 piping from my Ehiem after the Ehiem supplied suckers were less than useful...