Euro 2008

Discussion in 'Off Topic / Chit-Chat' started by LondonDragon, 1 Jun 2008.

1. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

Anyone watching it this time round since none of the British teams are there?
    Backing anyone? Who do you think is going to win it?

Being Portuguese I am backing my home country Portugal, although we are always one of the favourites we always seem to disapoint, but the last 3 Euros we didn't do to bad, Enlgand 96 we reached the quarters, Holland/Belgium in 2000 we reached the semis and in Portugal in 2004 we made the final, lets hope we can go one better this time round ;)

GO GO PORTUGAL!!!!!

2. Rob33

Rob33 Member

Well, at least we don't have to listen to the studio "experts" spouting on how good the English are :lol: this year.

I'll go for.......... Italy

3. Wayney

Wayney Member

I'm going for Portugal vs Italy in the final, Portugal to win 3-2 8)

COME ON PORTUGAL!!!!

4. Aeropars

Aeropars Member

I'm thinking croatia could be a surprise element here.

5. Martin

Martin Member

Spain all the way, and Torres as top scorer.

6. LondonDragon

They never really win anything or do very well in international competitions, and they are always favourites! :rolleyes:

7. Martin

Martin Member

a bit like England, i think I'd still support Spain in Euro 08 even if England had qualified! Being a Liverpool supporter, backing Spain is a no brainer and the kits a pretty similar. Also I'll be in Ibiza during the tournament so look forward to watching and celebrating with the locals.

8. LondonDragon

Portugal wins the first game! 2-0 against the Turks, could have been more since we hit the woodwork 3 times and had a goal ruled out for offside. Next the Czech Republic ;)

9. Garuf

Garuf Member

My monies on Russia, a powerful side, fantastic manager, In my eyes I think they're going to be the real dark horses of the tournament.

10. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

TBH, i'm glad England aren't in it because we would of been played all over anyway IMO

11. LondonDragon

So far Portugal's game as been the best one, everything else has been so boringgggg, specially the one that just ended 0-0!!! France sucks big time! Lets hope tonights game is much better ;)

12. john starkey

john starkey Member

HI All,as i am half italian i must go with italy,my son is going for poland as my wife is half polish,regards john.

13. LondonDragon

Hard luck for Italy, they just took a beating! Hope they beat the French though ;)

14. beeky

beeky Member

It's all boring because there are no british teams there, not just England. I'd even support Scotland if they were there. I just can't get excited about it. I just hope portugal don't win - I'm a Ronaldo anti-fan!

15. LondonDragon

I don't like that idiot too, but I have to support my own country ;)
    Shame England not there really, so that we could kick them out once again :p

16. beeky

beeky Member

It's odd isn't it? Most people like good footballers, and you can't ignore the fact that Ronaldo is the best player on the planet at the moment. But no one likes him. Most Man U fans don't even like him. I say "Ronaldo, NO! Bugger off to Madrid so we don't 'ave to watch you prancin' abart and fallin' over all the time". Nuff said I think.

17. LondonDragon

Yep he is good, but getting a little big headed and the falling over too easy doesn't help his case. I don't think he is suited for Spanish football, I hope he goes there to prove me wrong, I want him to do well at national level and maybe Portugal can one day win something.

18. Ed Seeley

Ed Seeley Member

Couldn't agree more. Amazing goals but I hope he goes to Milan or wherever it is. In fact anywhere away from here will do. If he could take all the other 'girls' who fall over at the drop of a hat too then that'd be great...

19. LondonDragon

In the spirit of the game and since Portugal made it to the quarter finals as the group winner already with one game to go, here is a photo of Pixie how we go out after each game to celebrate in the street :) (There is a big Portuguese community here where I live, last game there were a couple of thousand people celebrating in the street I live on)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you wondering I made the outfit from one of those car flags lol :)

GO GO PORTUGAL!

20. aaronnorth

aaronnorth Member

he he, love it :D :lol: