• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

European plant sites

beeky

I was just wondering about buying plants from Malaysia, Singapore etc because of the variety sold by Java and Plants Alive (and now the demise of Green Line) and then I got to thinking "where do the French and Germans get their plants from?".

What plant sellers are there in European countries? Postage from France is going to be much better than the Far East.

Any ideas?

Not sure about the French, but Tropica's plants are tissue culture.

Are you looking to fill the gap left by Greenline or just buying for yourself, if so how many plants would you need, would it be worthwhile importing?

Buying from Singapore/Malaysia would definitely be cheaper if you want to sell on, the quantities you would need to order would mean that you would need to either collaborate with others or retail on assuming you have the facility to store large quantities of plants. One concern would be that importing is a risky business and you would have little comeback if the quality wasn't what you expected and you would probably suffer losses so would need to cost that in, but it would be worth investigating, also the value of the pound is not good at the moment, which could impact on costs, you have to check the exchange rates.
Mike

Nice idea Beeky.

I don't know of any European sellers myself.
I have been meaning to log onto Ebay France, Ebay Germany etc. and see what plants are offered on there.
Other than just googling away, I guess another option is to find an equivalent forum to this in those countries and ask there.

I wasn't thinking of going into business! Not just yet anyway :)

No, it was just looking at the plants available from aquaticmagic and the like. Varieties that just aren't available over here, and the quality from Java and Plants Alive etc are questionable (mind you, Greenline weren't that much better sometimes!). There must be companies like these in other European countries especially Holland.

Have a look at www.livingwatersonline.co.uk We import plants weekly from Singapore ect. The plant stock list is always changeing. And the plants are always catered for/ ensuring they are kept in tip top condition. We are in the throws of starting a mail order plant service from the website. We are happy to post plants out now. You are more than welcome to give the shop a call and place an order over the phone, if we have anything instock that takes your fancy.
regards Mr Dee

Back