• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Evolution

Very nice. Is that moss on the wood Fissidens?

I'm not sure on the other plant. Kind of looks familiar, but not exactly like anything I've seen really. I thought it might be an Aponogeton, but could be a crypt. What are shrimps? They don't look quite red enough for cherrys, they seem more spotty.

Thanks guys :)

Not sure if its a crypt or not. Clive sent it to me, so I'll send him a message next :lol:

Yes, moss of the wood is Fissidens. And yup, they're cherry's alright - about a month old I think. The adults are more deep red.

hi mate, some how ive never come across this thread :?

anyways, ive come to visit, its only fair, you cant keep coming to me all the time.

what a great scape james. quality! and some great photos to boot. i love the moss on the wood. them shrimps are ace too. gota get me some of them.

see ya on the bf2 fields soon ! ;)

Thanks Mark :)

Much of the credit goes to Clive for the pics. He's pointing me in the right direction, and I'm chuffed to bits with the results :)

C4 armed and ready mate! :lol:

2008_0828_008.jpg

I love how this looks

Can anyone give me a quick ID on this plant?

Thank you.

Bueller said:
I love how this looks

Thank you.

I think it is Fissidens Fontanus.

The tank is looking fantastic James. A beautiful layout with lush healthy plants.

saintly said:
CLIVE, we're not worthy! :lol:

George Carlin (Rufus) to Bill and Ted: BE EXCELLENT! 8)

(Who would have thought Keanu (Ted) would 10 years later become Neo?)

Cheers,

a1Matt said:
Bueller said:
I love how this looks

Thank you.

I think it is Fissidens Fontanus.

The tank is looking fantastic James. A beautiful layout with lush healthy plants.

Where are people getting this from?

Any websites that stock it?

Cant recall ever seeing it in any fish shops.

JAmesM said:
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AquaticMagic

:)

Cheers for that.

They have some great stuff on there, think I might have to make a few purchases 8)

This past week I've suffered with no co2 due to delivery problems with Dan's courier company (again :rolleyes: ), and my plants have suffered big time. The thick lawn isn't so thick any more, p. helferi is deforming a little, hygro polysperma is riddled with holes, bacopa australis is melting badly, and my young rtl, and vivipara have melted totally :(

I added 7 otos and reduced the lighting hoping to prevent algae... so far so good, but I have just now noticed some bba in a dead spot under the spraybar. Another hole to be drilled tomorrow then :D The otos can be moved to the big tank should it get too crowded for them, after all, its only a 71 litre tank.

Since these pics were taken (tonight in fact), I've ripped up the back left and replanted what was left of the good stems... I also added 6 ember tetras from my main tank. If my shrimp population goes down, I'll know who is to blame :twisted: :lol: The right side back doesn't seem as bad, thankfully...

2008_0912_001.jpg

2008_0912_002.jpg

2008_0912_003.jpg

2008_0912_004.jpg

2008_0912_005.jpg

Comments always welcome :)

Back