• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ex1200 problem

Garuf

~Hello, Does anyone else with a ex1200 know what my problem is, Every night I get massive buildups of air inside the filter, so much so that it actually stops the filter while it clears the bubbles, I've checked the seal and there are no visible leaks or points where any air could get in and the intake is totally underwater.
Anyone got any ideas on what it could be and more importantly how to stop it?

I run Ex 1200s and have had no problems, however another filter I had, had a small problem on the inlet hose which allowed it to suck air in as it brought the water into the filter. I cut off the end of the hose, reseated it and have had no problems since.

I believe this is a common problem with these Tetratec filters. It's something to do with the intake. Do some googling and you'll find others who have had the same problem. Tetratec seem quite good at sorting it out.

James

I'm not using the tetratec inlet, do you mean the actually inlet on the filter?

Not sure as I've never had one. But from memory I think it's the bit that goes over the glass and into the tank. I'll see if I can find out more.

James

For the past 12 months i have been running an ex 1200 and encountered 2 problems.

1. Water escaping from the head unit - thought was the big "O" ring, bought another one change it no difference, found the problem "O" rings damaged in the Hose adaptor unit, new head unit purchased no further problems.

2. Hissing from unit and no water flow - "O" ring damged on the intake extension tube, new "O" ring fitted no further problems.

Phoned Tetratec to purchase an "O" ring kit in Aug 08, they stated that they would send me a kit - still waiting.

Regards

Paul.

Back