Exam Results

Nick16

Member
Joined
13 Aug 2008
Messages
1,769
Location
Surrey, UK
its alot of work but well worth it, especially if you have some decent teachers. it involves so much writing and essays but if you can understand the contexts it is a massive help.
 

Superman

Member
Joined
29 Jan 2008
Messages
1,804
Location
Cheltenham
Well done Aaron. You've got better GCSE results than I got back in the day - but as I'm a grown up now they must be getting easier! ;)
I remember the step up from GCSE to A-Level was bigger than the step up from A-Level to Degree.
To be honest, if you're going to goto Uni, I'd recommend staying away from Accountancy as it'll limit your career choices and that it was known as "maths drop out course" back in my day (4 years ago). Plus, accountants are really, really, really, ..., really boring.

Anyway, aside from my grumpy old man side, well done. Maths and Chemistry at a-level was really good fun and I took my maths onto Uni. You get a load of career choices having maths but tbh if your going to Uni, you need to nail the degree and get a first as there are not many people out there with a first class degree; it'll stand you out from the crowd and give you that edge when you apply for jobs.
 

GreenNeedle

Member
Joined
19 Jul 2007
Messages
2,729
Location
Lincoln UK
I'm not boring (I hope ;)) and I went from school to college and then into accountancy until my first redundancy. lol

Its the only job of the many I have had that I wish I was still in or at least wish I was still doing that job at that company. lol

AC
 

aaronnorth

Member
Thread starter
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
3,953
Location
worksop, nottinghamshire
but as I'm a grown up now they must be getting easier!

They are getting easier! Especially Business studies an PE next year, they are dropping 50% of the course!

Accountancy is near the bottom of my list at the moment with chemistry at the top, just because of the grades, but i will see what happens in sixth form.
Traffic cop is in there because i like to be nosey :lol:

Thanks
 

Ed Seeley

Member
Joined
3 Jul 2007
Messages
3,261
Location
Nottingham
aaronnorth said:
Traffic cop is in there because i like to be nosey :lol:

Thanks

I know a couple of traffic cops and I wouldn't want their job. One of the ones I know only investigates fatal accidents and spends his life at rather horrific crashes. The other sees fatals regularly too. Not something I'd like.
 

JamesM

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2008
Messages
1,913
Location
The BIG End, South Wales
Ed Seeley said:
aaronnorth said:
Traffic cop is in there because i like to be nosey :lol:

Thanks

I know a couple of traffic cops and I wouldn't want their job. One of the ones I know only investigates fatal accidents and spends his life at rather horrific crashes. The other sees fatals regularly too. Not something I'd like.
Indeed. My cousin is a traffic cop and has to deal with stuff like that quite often. He once had to help the rail police collect body parts after a train suicide. Have you seen what a train does to a human, Aaron?
 

aaronnorth

Member
Thread starter
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
3,953
Location
worksop, nottinghamshire
JAmesM said:
Ed Seeley said:
aaronnorth said:
Traffic cop is in there because i like to be nosey :lol:

Thanks

I know a couple of traffic cops and I wouldn't want their job. One of the ones I know only investigates fatal accidents and spends his life at rather horrific crashes. The other sees fatals regularly too. Not something I'd like.
Indeed. My cousin is a traffic cop and has to deal with stuff like that quite often. He once had to help the rail police collect body parts after a train suicide. Have you seen what a train does to a human, Aaron?

Wouldnt like to do it but i know there is some very bad things to expect in a job like that, and i know what to expect (or at least i think i do). I have been talking to a staff member at LFS who is in the police,
 

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
21 Feb 2008
Messages
11,142
Location
London
When I moved to England I went straight to Year 10 half way through the year, with no knowledge of english.
Year later did my GCSE's getting everything C or above except for english wich I got a E. Was a lot different from studying in Portugal that is for sure, even with my limited english I found it much easier to study here. Oh and got an award from school for being the best foreign student which was nice haha the best exam was the Computing Studies which I did mine and 3 others lol now I am too lazy too study, having taken my Cisco certifications now I need to start again with Nortel which my company have now moved too boohooo
 
Top