• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Experimental DIY Moss Wall

Kosh42-EFG

Hi All,

As per my comments in this thread, it looked to me if the moss wall kits you can buy on E-bay were simply bonsai potting mesh, some airline suction cups and some small cable ties...

As I had the mesh and the cable ties, I splashed out a whole £2.50 on ten airline suction cups and decided to try it out...

mosswall1.jpg

I put together a small patch by cutting two identical squares of the mesh, cable tying them (snipping off the ends) and throwing it in the tank. The only problem I had was that the clips on the airline suckers were too big to fit through the mesh, so I have had to position them at the corners. Not sure how well this would work on a large wall, so I may have to investigate alternate suckers. I assume the kits come with either slimmer clips or bigger mesh...

This is how it looks as present, and I'll update with photos as it progresses to see if this works. I am slightly doubtful as the fine mesh I am using seems to be covering a large fraction of the surface area of the moss...

mosswall2.jpg

PS - Apologies on the picture quality, I only had the phone to hand...

What moss is that your using? im using the same stuff to do a wall with weeping moss, and also trying to see if i can use it for a carpet with some uknown moss, could be xmas moss not sure.

ill try get some pics up aswell.

Back