• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

experiments

tmiravent

Hi,
I've been reading very interesting post's about putting water plants 'out of water'.
There are some very good Wabi Kusa here in UKAPS.
Along with my 2 year old son i grab my first aquarium 15 liters, a few stones, soil, plant's and water.
Let's see how it works...[DOUBLEPOST=1404517655][/DOUBLEPOST]Day one: 15|6|2014

Rules:
lot's of fun with my kid (with no stress if he want's to put his lego's inside no problem! ) recycling and not spending any money
Tank: Rena 15 liters (cover with plastic)
Light: sun (the tank is outside with no direct light)
Water: 1 liter (i change from time to time...) will be old aquarium water when i remember...
Soil: regular soil inside a socket (to avoid mixing),
old substrate and small stones on top (my kid's choice)
Plants:
Pogostemon Stellata
Limnophila Aromatica
Rotala Rotundifolia
Hemianthus Micranthemoides
Hygrophila polysperma 'Rosanervig'
Lilaeopsis Macloviana
Staurogyne Repens
Marsilea Hirsuta
Eleocharis sp.'mini'
Rotala sp. 'Nanjenshan'
Vallisneria spiralis 'Tiger' (will die but my kid really wanted!)
Hydrocotyle tripartita
Hygrophila pinnatifida
Taxiphyllum 'Spiky'
Alternanthera Rosefolia 'mini'

09-DSCF8425.JPG
[DOUBLEPOST=1404517727][/DOUBLEPOST]Top view (with the plastic on)
10-DSCF8424.JPG
[DOUBLEPOST=1404517812][/DOUBLEPOST]
11-DSCF8423.JPG

Last edited:
Hi Tmiravent , Looking forward to seeing what happens with this little one ;) Did you put some fert tabs in the substrate ? With the clingfilm try and leave a small gap so you get air flow or you could get mould forming:( Great your son is helping:D The next generation of aquascapers :cool:

Thanks Greenfinger2!
I don't know if is the next generation of aquascapers, but we are having a good time! :)
I find important for kids to put the hands in water, mud and plants.
I made a very small improvement, the cover (all recycled from the garage stuff).
My concern with that gap is the mosquitos! they will find the gap and breed like crazy...
2 options: a mosquito eater (1 liter...) or a mosquito net...(i have in the garage some pieces).
I have to discuss this with my kid!:dummy:

1-DSCF8445.JPG

Back