• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

External CO2 Reactors

altaaffe

Nearly posted in Steves post but thought it better to start again. Having thought about building my own external I decided to look around to see what purpose built reactors were out there.

Has anybody used or seen this one:

http://cgi.ebay.de/CO2-Wirbelkammer-Aus ... dZViewItem

I assume that although the inlets are all at the top that water must be pumped down first or else I can't see the reason for the depth of the chamber (40cm). If anybody has one what's your thoughts?

Interesting. Never seen one like this before. It says it uses a swirl chamber to create a vortex. This explains why the inlet is at the top and comes in from the side. In theory sounds like a good idea. Shame they don't use a clear tube as it would be pretty cool to see in operation.

James

Thanks for getting back James, figured if anybody had come across one it might have been you, I'm going to go ahead and get it though and see how it does.

For the cost, it seems a good deal and if it works it'll have saved me some time and effort messing around with bits and pieces.

The inlet doesn't seem to be tangential so I wonder what the fittings are like inside? To create the swirl pattern you'd need either a tangential inlet to get the swirl circulation or a knuckle bend at the end of the inlet to get the required flow pattern. I'll be interested to see what the fittings are like inside if/when you get it.

If only the pound wasn't so weak just now !!
Just got a response from them on total cost.

30 Euro for the reactor & 20 Euro for delivery, and no doubt the bank will charge a conversion charge on top. I'd be better off getting the Aquamedic 1000 from the Green Machine if going for ready built, that'd be £54 delivered.

Problem is I want 2, so looks like it's off to B&Q, reckon I can botch a couple together for around £20-30 total.

altaaffe said:
If only the pound wasn't so weak just now !!
Just got a response from them on total cost.

30 Euro for the reactor & 20 Euro for delivery, and no doubt the bank will charge a conversion charge on top. I'd be better off getting the Aquamedic 1000 from the Green Machine if going for ready built, that'd be £54 delivered.

Problem is I want 2, so looks like it's off to B&Q, reckon I can botch a couple together for around £20-30 total.

You can get the aquamedic for only £42 from aquatic biotope - they deliver free to most places

http://www.aquaticbiotope.co.uk/Scripts ... roduct=827

hi all

related query here....

im a bit thick about reactors
but they are more efficient that diffusers, right?

do passive reactors work well
like this from our 1quid drop checker friends
http://cgi.ebay.ie/CO2-Diffuse-Reac...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

is this as simple as it looks

i currently do the diffuser into inlet, out through spraybar, which works well, but
i am getting an eheim wet/dry which apparently will waste co2 in its wet/dry process
so can i put this on the outlet pipe where it will not actually go through the filter
pop my co2 line into it and bobs yer uncle?

thanks

Got mine built and one fitted to the main tank, don't know if it's just me but it seems I have more O2 bubbles coming from the plants now.

Used blanking caps so that I can take them off for cleaning or to add bio balls should I feel the need.
2009_0210DIY0005.jpg

2009_0214DIY0001.jpg

Has made the tank look much better to me for getting the power heads out of there too.

Back