• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

external filter air issue

MarkyP

I purchased a AquaEl Ultramax 2000 external and i have a problem with it pulling in air from somewhere, i have checked everything i can think off but cant solve the issue. Anyone know how to resolve this?
BTW AquaEl have been no help at all :mad:

Sorry to ask an obvious question but did the packet of silicone sealant that came with it help? The rubber gasket that comes with it can also be difficult to fit.

Aquael work through the country based distributors and retailers for front line support. If your retailer proves to be difficult contact the distributor and they should sort it for you:

The UK distributor is:

ALF (Aquatic Distributors) Ltd

Tel: 01234 242 471

I have messaged you with a contact name and email address for the distributor in the UK.

NB they can't help with items bought from outside the UK.

If this doesn't work I can send you an email address and phone number for Aquael. I had real problems getting support for the one I bought from Poland (thread somewhere).

Hi @MarkyP

I have also had no reply to a recent enquiry that I sent to Aquael. Did you buy the filter directly from them? If not, I'd go back to the retailer. And, you do have Consumer Rights:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/a...e-consumer-work/the-consumer-rights-act-2015/

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/shopping

Hope you get it sorted.

JPC

I bought the filter from a well know uk aquatic supplier online, they have been good about the problem, its the uk distributor thats states there are no reported issues with filter

Sorry to ask an obvious question but did the packet of silicone sealant that came with it help? The rubber gasket that comes with it can also be difficult to fit.

yes all seals are ok and greased

I bought the filter from a well know uk aquatic supplier online, they have been good about the problem, its the uk distributor thats states there are no reported issues with filter

If it isn't fit for purpose then they have to take it back irrespective of the view of the distributor. You can also claim from your credit card (see section 75 of Consumer Protection). However, I found that when I contacted the distributor they were extremely helpful and their view was that they needed to enforce consumer rights with retailers.

Update - the online supplier i bought the filter from have been very good about the situation, but the distributor :mad: -- I think i have fixed the problem myself ;) it looks like air was getting into the inlet side of the filter at the connection between the hose and the u-shaped tube so i turned the plastic inlet tube around and as of 12 hours later no air in the filter :)

Back