• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

External filter for 28l nano?

Hi all,
You have to open the taps fully. Supposedly as long as the tap on the inlet is fully open the outlet one doesn't need to be, but I've never found this works.

The filter shouldn't rattle, it may be trapped air, or it maybe an insufficient head between the filter and the tank, the water level in the tank need to be at least 3" higher than the top of the filter (3" head), but at least 6" is better. I the water doesn't flow in as quickly as the impeller ejects it, you get cavitation and the air bubbles formed make the filter noisy. There is a diagram in the instruction manual section on set-up.

I have a 2213 on my tank in the kitchen, and my wife wasn't keen on me drilling holes in the work top, so I stood the filter on the work top and the tank on a polystyrene block to give me enough head.

To make sure that the filter is full of water before you turn it on, you need to open the inlet tap and let the water fill up the filter body under gravity. You may need to suck on the out let pipe to get the syphon going. Once the filter body and head is full of water, turn the filter on and rock it from side to side, after a few "on and off" the filter should be purged of air and running silently.

cheers Darrel

I have the filter atleast 1 1/2ft below the tank I have opened the holes to about 6mm and have the taps fully open, the rattling noise has gone but it's still not super silent as ever said, I have a evo 120 with external and it makes a fraction of the noise and it's closer to my bed.

Tom

Every eheim I've had has never been silent. Had a 2211, 2213 and a 2217. Not in my room so doesn't really bother me

Back