• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

External filter for 28l nano?

doobiw55

Any suggestions to which external filter would be suitable for a 28 litre tank?

I've seen the eheim aquacompact series but by the looks of it you need a lid-less tank which I do not have and I'm unsure If able to convert it to suit a lidded tank?

Any suggestions appreciated :)

Tom

Are you able to adjust the water flow rate?

I've always wanted an eheim filter and I have been looking at the professional 3 for my 260l but I think it's going to take a while till I could afford one :(. Has any got any reviews on the fluval g3?

Tom

I use a JBLe900 on my 36L.
Check out the flickr page.

you don't really need to reduce the flow on the 2213, its perfect for that tank size. If you want to tweak it a little you can use a set of double taps and just close one off slightly. I do this when I have fry growing on in the tank (and sponge on the intake)

Hi, I agree with the other posts ,I have a 2213 on a 34 ltr nano, I drilled the holes in the spray bar larger at 1st as it was giving my plants a battering, but it has calmed down loads ,in fact I think i need more flow, and am considering a 2217, so yes the 2213 is a good choice IMO, super silent too, mine is 6 ft from my bed and I cant hear it. :D

What size did you drill them out to? If I put the spray bar in my 30cm cube, acts like a washing machine and throws the substrate about.

Hydor 200w. They are quite large though so make sure it will fit in the cabinet or wherever its going.

Finally manage to order the eheim 2213 and it's arrived today, I have a bit of cutting to do fit it but all should go well :-/ I have to shorten the spray bar and I have double taps would that be the best way to adjust the water flow or should I make the holes bigger in the the spray bar? as it's only a 28l?

Tom

Just set the eheim up, I have a horrible rattling noise coming from it when I adjust the flow, why is this?

Tom

Sounds like not enough water getting to the impellor. You using the spraybar or just the curved output? If spray bar, enlarge the hole sizes a drill bit at a time until you get the right flow. Got mine full blast without spraybar, decent floe just 1 dead spot so going to open up the holes and try from there

Im using the spray bar so I will open up the the holes a couple of mm, I thought this would be the problem.

Tom

Back