• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

External Filter for Juwel Lido 200

waynest

Seedling
I'm keeping the Juwel filter but I'm going to add an external. I breed plecos and they make quite a mess of the white sand if you know what I mean

I'd like to know details from anyone who has managed to get the pipework for both the inlet and return through the left hand cutout and then closed the lid flat :)

The bigger the filter the better

Thanks

Assuming the cut out is the same size as on my Rio 450, then anything with 16/22 hoses should easily fit.

I'd go for an Aquael Maxi Kani 500 if given the choice - Maximum filtration capacity with a reasonable flow rate for your size tank.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've got mixed feelings about getting an external again. I've had a couple of costly leaks in the past.

If its crud on the bottom you could run another internal filter. I played with golden nugget plecs when they were very hard to get and the internal worked well. It's easier to move them around to reduce dead spots and the plecs liked the extra flow lower down. The plus side is they are less fiddly to clean which means you'll do it more often and they are far cheaper.

Back