• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Product Review External Turbo CO2 Reactor Diffuser

All new pipes just fitted puck of bubble counter& turbo.
zu6egy6e.jpg
tu2asyjy.jpg
6amysypy.jpg
not the tidiest cabinet but it has doors:D

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

:mad::) Taken a while to get it set up. Seems better after removing some media from the filter( more flow to increase impeller speed., I'll put a bit more info up in a couple of days.

Well it runs ok when the co2 is on, when the co2 is off at night the noise is unbearable water running sound and wurring. I've put two no return valves on the co2 tube to make sure nothing travels back to the reg. If anyone has,any ideas please let me know as I've ran out.:)

Well it runs ok when the co2 is on, when the co2 is off at night the noise is unbearable water running sound and wurring. I've put two no return valves on the co2 tube to make sure nothing travels back to the reg. If anyone has,any ideas please let me know as I've ran out.:)

Hi Kirk

I am using DIY so can not really say, however when I changing the bottle yes the water goes up but only few centimeters. It's comes back to normal after the pressure build up again.

About the sound. I released that when the CO2 is too high and not enough flow or after cleaning the filter ( when air builds up ) it started make the water running noise. Simple check if your reactor doesn't have too much air in it. It should be max few cm under the top of the reactor. If it like half empty or so just turn it upside down for few sec to fill it up again.
Also if the reactor is under the water level of filter and in turn in 45 not 90 it's helps for me with higher dissolve rate.

Vaz

Hi vaz, I have found the water level keeps changing. It drops a little co2 on. When the Co2 is off it fills up and trys to back up the Co2 tubing.:mad: it's fine noise wise when Co2 is on, I'm going to have another look this evening and try to work it out. I have no visible leaks whatsoever.

I just ordered one of these from Co2 Art. Am hoping that it will give me the dissolution I want. Have become a bit tired of having my tank looking like lemonade (from the UP inline atomizer).

Well, I just realised that it's the wrong size for my filter hose.

Why the hell do they only make one size.....

Hello guys, sorry I wasn't online for a while as I was preparing for new set up.

Kirk:
I actually did some testing and left the CO2 off for one day. Yes you was right the water was slowly pushed up but with return valve it was kk.
Sacha:
Pity you did not read my first post as I had the same problem. However you can have a look how I connected .
Yes it is a bit bad that even the ones which are for external filter has only the connector coming with them.
Also if you have lot of media in your filter you will have to remov some.

Vaz

I did read your post but I think I must have skimmed over the "long story"... So stupid of me.

I would be concerned doing that on my external. I would be constantly worried that the two tubes were going to come loose and drain 100 litres of water onto my electrics.

Argh!

What's the next best thing to this reactor...?

well after mths of trying to get balanced co2 into the tank, I'm going to sling it, I'm sick and tired of messing with it for hours a day tipping it up etc. I've lost most my plants now due to algae as its diffuse rate is inconsistent, I may go back to the inline up or even a diffuser. I'm getting too many large bubbles into the tank in bursts which is no good. Also the plastic nipple for co2 is a nightmare very brittle plastic I hate removing the pipe to clean the Reactor. I'm sorry if this post seems negative but I feel it was a waste of my money:( but getting co2 into our tanks is never simple to be fair.:)

Hi Krik,

sorry to heard that you have had so much trouble with it. I am not using this reactor anymore as well but that is only because I swaped to pressured abd using the atomizer hooked on intake.

If you want you can try one more thing and try to hook the reactor on Intel of your filter instead. You will achieve very high dissolution rate and you should not have bubbles coming out of your outel.

Vazz

I'm not into putting anything on the inlet, my filter works fine but is getting on and I've imagined it's going to burp. as I keep my tank brimmed(opentop) I run the risk of the bubbles spilling the tank, I also think a product should work first time providing you've connected it correctly,which is why I've given it time before I winged:D in this case it's not my error. We shouldn't be constantly tipping a device to fill it with water should we?:)

6u2a5aja.jpg
this is what is going on, lots of undisolved co2.

Hi there,

please do not take me wrong it's not like I want to defend the product just because I was very happy with it but I think I should (if I could) edit my post... This is great item for DIY CO2.... To be honest I never had bubbles like you have in my 125L tank :O Also I did not have to fill the reactor with water or anything like that..... I just had to simply turn it upside down for few seconds after cleaning.... Only thing I have to admin is that my CO2 was not stable due to DIY .... That's why I swapped to pressured CO2 and honestly I think there is better way to dissolve CO2 with pressured like with this reactor.... With the try to hook it to the Intel sorry for that just wanted to help :)

No vaz, I'm not putting it on the inlet, it shows it fitted on the outlet on the box so that's the way it should work:D Im sticking to my comments,maybe I have a dodgy one?these things happen, But I'm not impressed at the moment:)

Cool thanks.
If only I saw is thread last week I would of got 2. Im using the new model of the up brands from co2art. Works great but its a 7up in my tank :)

I'm also using the UP and yes very fizzy! But at least you can see the co2 circulation.

I was thinking of making a reactor to go inbetween the UP and the spraybar to help dissolve the co2 before it gets to the tank. Maybe an acrylic tube with 16/20 plugs on each end.

Just a thought.

Bhu

Bhu, that's exactly what I will be doing when I source the parts. Im even thinking of cutting the turbo up and grafting it to a tube........we will see.

So the turbo still adds a fine mist to your tank then?

Back