• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Extra filtration

Sillystacy1

Seedling
Hi guys.
So I added all my fish tank details into the aquadvisor and it said I was over stocked, I have a 125L tank and I do agree it is overstocked but I haven’t had any issues. According to the website I should add more filtration, I run a aqua one ocellaris 850 and a sponge filter.
I’m wondering what other filtration should I add?
Many thanks

I assume you have plants, If you have any fast-growing plants, stocking is much more lenient than what a lot of people think. floating plants help too
cheers,

Stocking isn't really something that can be calculated by an algorithm IMO. It all depends on what species you are keeping and their behaviours etc, as well as simply tank size.

Stick your stock list up here and i am sure you will get lots of help.

I’m wondering what other filtration should I add?
Many thanks
Lots of plants.

As above, a picture of your tank and stocking list would be helpful, also if you add an extra filter to the aqadviser website does it then say your stock limit is ok? Try adding a fluval 107 or similar filter on the website.

Lots of plants.

As above, a picture of your tank and stocking list would be helpful, also if you add an extra filter to the aqadviser website does it then say your stock limit is ok? Try adding a fluval 107 or similar filter on the website.
+ 3 plus regular water changes and filter cleanings. Your filter is not sold in the US but I Googled it and it looks fine for your size of tank. I have two filters on tanks, but they bigger tanks and often Discus tanks.

Back