• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Extreme fishing-Robson Green

glenn

just finished watching this weeks program and in next weeks it showed him catching a massave (35lb+) red tailed catfish!

juat show how big these fish rely get and made me wonder why they are still in the aquarium trade when they get so big and un-keepable.
allthough i was reading in pfk about a guy who kept one in a 'made to order' tank that was huge with bullet proof glass and when his died i think it was around 15lb if i remember right :lol:

its on monday night (suprisingly :lol: ) i rely like it but find him abit 'ott' just sometimes :p .

it is good fishing though i wish i could fish in places like he does and not where i fish for a change. :lol:

you should, i fish every weekend and im a 'kid' as such, fishing has gave me a greater understanding of fish overall.

SteveUK said:
I wish I could fish! I haven't fished for years, not since I was a kid. Would love to get back into it :)
Fishin rocks, I'm not a big player like John "the shark" Starkey or Saintly but I can hold my own, staring at a float is second only to staring at a good planted tank.

i never knew John Starkey and Saintly fished, i have kept my fishing quiet since i joined the forum as i though the two hobbies would clash and cause uproar on a forum such as this :lol:

glenn said:
i never knew John Starkey and Saintly fished, i have kept my fishing quiet since i joined the forum as i though the two hobbies would clash and cause uproar on a forum such as this :lol:
Not in my world, it's a grey area i suppose.

John is supposed to be the business, i've never seen so much tackle ;) and apparently Saintly could give him a good run for his money. I say a UKaps Match Day, in the midlands and i've got John and Saintly on my team!

Count me in for the beginners category :lol:

I posted on a previous thread last year, but I need to dig out all of mine and my brothers fishing gear from my parents loft. I seem to remember us both having 10ft graphite rods at some point. (ooerr :lol:)

fishing contains the same make up as fish keeping...science/Art/Technology and nature

to cast is an art
fishing tackle, rods, reels, bite alarms is technology
Science - many good anglers study the water, study the seasons ,study the weather and learn as much information as possible about the carps movements in different situations..
man.. i love fishing...:)

cheers, Alex
ps..(robson green is an idiot watch matt hayes/john wilson and my fav "passion for angling"..lol

passerby* said:
ps..(robson green is an idiot watch matt hayes/john wilson and my fav "passion for angling"..lol

i agree rebson is a bit ott...and i do watch mat hays but i cant stand john wilson...he bursts out laughing at every thing he sees and does. yeah passion for angling is amazing...filming is so good and chris yates & bob james are legend's.

Back