• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ExxonMobil - Algae Biofuel

Gang@Ukaps

Whilst watching the last round of the MotoGP, there was an advert for Exxonmobil - who are currently experimenting with Algae as an alternative biofuel

See attached short to - Algae Biofuels and have a listen to the video by Joe Weissman
http://www.exxonmobil.com/Corporate/energy.aspx

This beg the question whether its worthwhile injecting Co2 into a planted tank.

Regards
Paul.

Yeah, i saw the advert for this a few weeks back, made me chuckle, they want to grow it and we want rid, maybe they should pay us for the privilage of cleaning the tanks out. :lol:

I was thinking just the other day about this, why save the rain forest? when we can grow algae a lot faster! and it uses co2 for photosynthesis.

If we could do it on a big enough scale we may be able to reduce the amount of CO2 in the air, although I think methane is the biggest problem.

bio fuels from algae would be carbon neutral and I'm all for it

Jack middleton said:
I was thinking just the other day about this, why save the rain forest? when we can grow algae a lot faster! and it uses co2 for photosynthesis.

If we could do it on a big enough scale we may be able to reduce the amount of CO2 in the air, although I think methane is the biggest problem.

bio fuels from algae would be carbon neutral and I'm all for it

reason #1 - trees look and smell much nicer than algae :p :lol:

Back