• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

'Fallen Wilderness' One week post 'Blackout' latest pictures

REDSTEVEO

Well it has been one week to the day since I removed the 'Blackout' as part of my measure to get rid of the dreaded Blue Green Algae and.......I have to say that.......so far I am impressed, however......

For all the purist's out there I am sorry to say that so far in the whole week I have not added anything whatsoever to the water, just reduced the lighting to a few hours a day and cut down on the feeding regime. No CO2, no KPN, no Trace elements, no water change, no nothing.

Everything seems fine so far :? But maybe I am riding my luck, no signs of any algae at all :wideyed: The plants seem fine and so do the fish.

Here are some pictures I took tonight.

124_2459.jpg

124_2460.jpg

124_2461.jpg

124_2462.jpg

124_2464.jpg

124_2466.jpg

Maybe I'll wait and see what happens, you know the old 'if it ain't broke don't try and fix it' routine :bored:

Here's hoping.

Steve.

Steve,
This post is identical to post #20 of the Gallery thread=> "Fallen Wilderness" Nine Months Later
It therefore qualifies as a variation on the theme of double posting which is typically discouraged mate. :arghh: If you have a specific question which you feel falls outside the context of the Gallery then it's better to simply reference the Gallery thread in a new thread by copying and pasting the original thread URL as shown above and asking the question. Otherwise responses become split and confusion reigns...

Cheers,

Thanks Clive,

Apologies mate, I think I made the mistake of not posting the original thread in the Algae forum, I put it in the Planted Tank Gallery, which considering the theme of the thread was Blue Green Algae, I thought it was better to re-post it in the Algae forum. I just wasn't sure on how to remove the original post from the Planted Tank gallery. :oops:

If you can let me know how to do this it would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Steve.

No worries mate, looks like someone beat me to it. The post was deleted from the Gallery thread. :D

Cheers,

Lovely looking tank, and well done on your battle with the algae!

I've had diatoms / brown algae for the past 2 weeks and although I'm told it will pass after time, part of me is wanting to do a black-out.

Will this type of black-out work on diatoms and other types of algae? I undersstand the need to solve the root cause of the algae, but in the case diatoms, I'm told it can happen to a lot of tanks in the early stages.

Back