• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Far Cry 1G

Gill

Wow So Many New People on here, Been Months since I have scaped a tank at home.
Have been Itching to start another Pico Scape at home.
Was torn Between doing a FW Planted or SW Frag Tank.

Found a Lovely Peice of Nano Bogwood and took a Hammer and Chisel to it. And made some nice peices.

This is a 1g Azoo Reef Blue Acrylic Tank:
Filter Azoo Mignon 60
Lighting Firefly 9Watt
NO heating as not required for Fauna
Fauna:
Heterandria Formosa "Gold" - Arriving next Week.
A Few Snails
Maybe Some Cherry Shrimp or CRS.

I had intended to Plant this with A Lovely Large Pot of HC, but it had been sold when i went to get it this afternoon from Pets@Home. So I am After some.
Also Going to be using Anubuas Nano Petite.

FarCry001.jpg

FarCry003.jpg

FarCry002.jpg

FarCry004.jpg

looking good!
thats a cute tank, any chance you could take a photo with it next to something for scale? (mobile or coke can etc.....)

Thanks, here you Go
A Little Shot to show the Size of the Tank
BTW, I have tiny Hands so it still is Big in Comparison.
001.jpg

LondonDragon said:
Nice little tank :) shame on the pink light fixture ;)

Yeah, It was either that or the Blue Actinic that came with it. I am going to see if I Can Find Nice Cheap Desk Lamp in Ikea for it, or at the Saturday Car Boot.
There are usually a few people selling azoo tanks and lights at mine.

Heterandria Formosa will be here on Tuesday and Waiting on Shrimp I have Chosen - Cardinals, found and Aquarist Classifieds for a Reasonable price.

Themuleous said:
That's a cool little tank :) was thinking of something similar for my shrimp tank when I take the nano down.

How do you rate the HOB filter?

Sam

These Hobs are brilliant have been using them for a few years now. Very Easy to setup and Easy to Maintain. I used to put Plants in with the Media and it looks great. Might try some this time with Xmas Moss.
The Outflow is Very good and the Adjustable, I have diverted the flow using a Plastic 1/2 pint glass, and It cannot be seen. (Current Inhabitant was finding the flow too great)

Changed the Light Unit over to a Boyo 9W Unit I found in the Main Garage while washing the Car

lljdma06 said:
Where have I seen this tank before?

:p

I had this tank Set Up 2 years ago on my Desk with Tiger Endlers Planted with HC and Anubias Nana Petite, with Frogbit as floaters.
Xmas Moss and Small Moss Balls Arrived this morning.
Just finished planting it up.

MOss Balls were taken apart to create a carpet of plants.

FarCryPlanted001.jpg

FarCryPlanted002.jpg

FarCryPlanted004.jpg

FarCryPlanted005.jpg

Filter Planted with Java Moss and Xmas Moss on top, to provide extra filtration and something different.
FarCryPlanted003.jpg

saintly said:
compared to your keyboard, that really is a small tank isnt it. 8) nice

Yep Nice and Small.

I have a 300ml Cube Planted with some of the Moss Balls that were left over, Just hinking what else to put in it.

Thats a cool little tank, perfect for a Mr Edward's style scape. looking foreward to the finished article - T

Gill said:
lljdma06 said:

I had this tank Set Up 2 years ago on my Desk with Tiger Endlers Planted with HC and Anubias Nana Petite, with Frogbit as floaters.

No, I know you've had it set up before. No, I've seen this exact setup. Very recently. Hmmmm, I wonder where. :lol:

llj

lljdma06 said:
Gill said:
lljdma06 said:

No, I know you've had it set up before. No, I've seen this exact setup. Very recently. Hmmmm, I wonder where. :lol:

llj

Doh, Brain Kicked in Eventually, Now you will have to excuse me but posting the same thread over 5 forums is a little confusing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just finished Rescaping.
Red Tiger Lotus Bulb Arrived this afternoon while out shopping.
Planted a palm type plant that I like to use to add more above the water.
Made more open swimming area for the HF and removed any snails I found.

FarCryNewScape002.jpg

FarCryNewScape003.jpg

FarCryNewScape006.jpg

FarCryNewScape005.jpg

Id leave cardinals as they need VERY stable water parameters and a specific setup. They also require water twarmer than 25'c and it has to be 100% constant.

Back