• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Far Cry 1G

cardinals will be fine in 25C but if your thinking about putting them in that tank (i havent read the full journal :oops: )
i wouldnt, they will be too big, look at some of the micro rasboras or shrimp.

Thanks for the advice Guys, Got some Cherry shrimp from TFF and they will be coming on Tuesday.
Will only add maybe 3 to this, the rest will go in a breeding tank.

mr. luke said:
Nick, i think he was on about cardinal shrimps ;)

Yeah, The Cardinals have shot up in price aswell in the last 2 weeks over 12quid each on Aquarist Classifieds now.

Still Can't believe that LFS' get away with charging over 3quid for 1 cherry shrimp

NOt done much over the last few days.
Simply been adding more floating Azolla and Duckweed (for any Fry) and been feeding tiny white worms that are all over one of the fry tanks to the female.

Not all that happy with the Palms added, not a very good plant this time. The Tiger lotus is doing very well and is already sending out leaves after only a few days. Good to know they will grow in unheated.

Also Off Topic Slightly, Discovered yesterday that the Bottom half of the Danio and Guppy Barrel is Covered in a VVVVVVThick layer of Mixed Mosses, (don't remember adding any to it). 1 thinh is though, on the sides of the Barrell there is a Moss Growing, that is Very Thick and is growing in Trident Shapes, IS that Xmas Moss, as I looks Very Thick and Bushy. Will take some out and get pix later after coming back from sunday afternoon Shopping in Town.

Damn It Damn It Damn It, The Last Female has dissapeared, now its just the males. Can't find her anywhere, oh well Cherry shrimp are arriving in the morning.

Time for some Pix.
FarCryNewScapeCherryShrimpAdded014.jpg

FarCryNewScapeCherryShrimpAdded013.jpg

FarCryNewScapeCherryShrimpAdded005.jpg

What I Use as a Lid for this, Clear Cd Cover.
FarCryNewScapeCherryShrimpAdded006.jpg

Sole Remaining Male HF Gold
FarCryNewScapeCherryShrimpAdded012.jpg

Cherry Shrimp
FarCryNewScapeCherryShrimpAdded007.jpg

One of the Betta Fry
FarCryNewScapeCherryShrimpAdded009.jpg

FarCryNewScapeCherryShrimpAdded010.jpg

Tiger Lotus growing Nicely.
FarCryNewScapeCherryShrimpAdded011.jpg

Thanks,

Got some Fissidens Fontanus from TFF>>

Fissidens Fontanus arrived this afternoon so could not wait to make it into a wall.

Supplies:

Plain Green Scouring Sheet - Cut to Size (Made sure it contained no detergetns or Perfume)
FarCryFissidenWallAdded001.jpg

Rubber Coated Paper Clips to attach the Sheet
FarCryFissidenWallAdded003.jpg

Fontanus
FarCryFissidenWallAdded002.jpg

Ok To start with I teased it apart with tweezers to place onto the Sheet (making sure that the sheet was Waterlogged to keep the Fontanus Moist)
FarCryFissidenWallAdded004.jpg

Once I was happy with the placement of the fontanus. I began the slow task of sewing it onto the sheet using green cotton therad(best match i could find in the wife's sewing box).
FarCryFissidenWallAdded005.jpg

FarCryFissidenWallAdded008.jpg

Once Happy, Did a water change on the cube and Moved the plants around so that i could fit this into place.
Once happy, filled the tank back up and Viola.
FarCryFissidenWallAdded009.jpg

FarCryFissidenWallAdded010.jpg

FarCryFissidenWallAdded012.jpg

FarCryFissidenWallAdded014.jpg

FarCryFissidenWallAdded016.jpg

Paper Clips showing will be left as they are, as not seen from where i sit.

OMG, Just noticed some Itsy Bitsy Shrimplets in the Moss Balls.
Pix are toooo fuzzy, cam does not pick them up (too Translucent)

Managed to get a pic, that just about shows the i have been watching on the tiny peice of bogwood.
shrimplets001.jpg

Excuse the mess, had fed them algae from the daphnia tank so needs siphoning.

Spotted more Shrimplets today and they are soooooooooooooo Cute and tiny duplicates of the adults.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Xmas Moss is growing, but very stringy and straight up. The Shrimp love it but might change it so back to bare wood.

I wonder if Pelia will work in here, as I Liked that last time I had some.

Also, going to see if Dad will let me use some of his ancient Rollieflex Folding Cameras to take some shots of this and other things. Have only used it once years ago, so will need to familiarise myself with it again.

OMG, So Lucky.
Decided to go round Gallagher Retail and Apply for any Vacancies in the stores there.
And Popped into P@H, Well Found one Pot of Nana Petite, Chain Sword and Got a Nice big pot of Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis (brazilian Micro Sword) for Free. And Also found they are now selling Scarlet Badis for only 3.99 so got one of those to try out in the Cube.

Wil Post pix in the evening, got alot of interviews to go to today.

He/she is pretty cool, nice little tank as well :clap:

Thanks, I have suprised myself with how well this has come along. Going to make another Moss Wall to hide the wires visible.

This Comes to an End in the Morning, Replacing this with the Bowfront Long Nano I have.
Has been fun watching it grow, Will Use all the plants in this and the Fry tank.

Taken Down Now, and everything has been moved over to the bowfront.
It is not PhotoWorthy as it is an Anti-scape. Just chuecked everything in and Added the Moss Covered Twig Branch from the PFK Cube.
Will Be Picking up more fish at the weekend, a few local breeders emptying tanks. And I am Happy to oblige taking the fish off them when free.

Back