• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Far East planted site title rip off!

James discovered it, not sure how. he's looked into it and there's not a lot we can do. we need to do certain things. I'm not really up on the tech side of things.

I'm trying to put together a DMCA to sent to their host who is US based, but its been a long time since I've done this, and I'm still too annoyed to look at it right now. I quit web design a few years back partly because of things like this. Sadly, it will always happen as it seems the Chinese have very little respect for Copyright laws - their car market is a perfect example of this :rolleyes:

I find it laughable that the logo hasn't been changed, and both mine and Mark's Copyright remains on the About page, but their host still demands a full and format DMCA. Crazy :?

it's strange for sure. knowing what james has done, it makes it even more horrid that someone can just take someone else work and just claim it as there own.

like we really need all of this hassle :?

Hey Guys I feel for you.
They have done this to serve the google adwords adverts and make money from people clicking on the adverts. might be worth contacting google, see if you can't get there adwords account closed. might annoy them briefly.

very frustrating!

Chris

Hi James/mark, cant help much on the techi side (only just learnt how to tie my shoe laces),
i really feel for you, like you have said all the hard work and free time you have both put in,there must be some way of cocking it up for them surely,hope you come up with something,
regards john.

How can they copy the entire site just like that??? Sounds fishy to me, you sure your coding is up to scratch?? If it has bugs and security breaches then it will just happen again.

LondonDragon said:
How can they copy the entire site just like that??? Sounds fishy to me, you sure your coding is up to scratch?? If it has bugs and security breaches then it will just happen again.
Only the front end has been copied using a simple offline browsing tool. It freaked me out at first too!

As chump has suggested, this is probably an attempt at making money through the ads they run, and was probably targeting via a bot. Sad.

LondonDragon said:
It's quite simple to get the source code and stylesheet of a website, that's all you need.

Pain in the blahblahblahblah these people, I had a couple of forums on the go with a private server online that I owned myself with all the hosting in the world that I wanted and free bandwith, but I got attacks all the time from IPs ranges in Asia, freaking annoying, they exploint and hole on any php app or anything, in the end it was more work than it was worth it so I call it quits on the entire project.

JamesC does a great job of keeping these people from the forum, but its non stop work!!!

Wow, sorry to here this guys.

I knew there were people who closed websites as used to deal with phishing at work but can't understand why they'd do that other than the google thing.

I always tried to keep my code secure so that people couldn't find out what was done, but there's nothing really stopping someone closing a site.

Its as easy as right clicking on the page and then you can see the whole html code!!!

James if you look at the other site they have added Google AdSense so they are using your site to earn money. Send an e-mail to Google showing them your site and the thief's and then also point out the copyright section which is also on the thief's site.

Also notice they have replaced your name in the copyright statement. Is there any source code on the site that mentions your name?

Finally you own [that website] and therefore you can prosecute someone else for using your property. If hosting on a third party then you could ask them if they will do anything?

Google will sort it out hopefully :)

AC

Just thought I'd post to show some moral support. I hope you guys can get it sorted without it taking too much time and emotion.

Back