• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Far East planted site title rip off!

Oh my god, i thought it would be the same design like green/ black colours and layout etc, not the pictures and text too :wideyed: :wideyed:

There is a guy on TFF who is very good with IT (member name: saltynay) not that i am doubting you James but it is just an option if you need any help or advice, he might have seen this before?
Anyway Good luck. :)

If you search a word in a website then it is as likely to bring up the new site as Mark/James as they have the same 'wording' in them.

Then the thief's site has google adsense aded onto the page which he will get payment per clicks.

So for short work someone copies the code from several sites. ads the google code in there and puts them live. a couple of hours work max and then any clicks earn money for the person who registered with google. These people will most likely have multiple sites on the go at any time and just change the frontend every few days to lessen the risk of someone noticing.

Money for free you might say :(

AC

TDI-line said:
Any news on this guys?
I'm still in communication with their (quite slack) host, so it's being sorted, just very slowly. I've also restricted certain bot access to the site, so it should prevent it from happening again.

Onwards and upwards :D

As a developer this sort of stuff really gets on my nerves! I can't design sites (and I don't pretend to) but there's no point lifting a site word for word! grrrr

Hope it gets sorted soon.

Back