• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fast flow and loaches and suitable plants

Mr Loach

Hi I have run two threads on suitable plants for Loach tank requiring minimal maintenance as I am now wheelchair bound. Thanks very much to everyone who helped me and this is my plan. Plants will be crypts javamoss crinium and bolbitis heduolliti. Tank will be juwel Rio 240 with a Fluval 407 external and a 2200 litre per hour internal filter to provide a river system. When all filters are running at their maximum turnover would be 20 x volume although turnover would be less as the filters begin to clog. Will the plants be able to survive such a flow rate? Your thoughts many thanks

Hi, I wouldn't worry about high flow with said plants! Do not forget to use enough river stones if you want the loaches to prosper and even breed depending on species.

I have set a high flow loach tank and I couldn't be happier since it is really lively and hassle-free. You can also keep fan shrimp once the tank is mature. This kind of setup is ideal for them. It is the first I have managed to keep them alive for so long.

Here is a link if you want to have a look.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=58521&share_type=t&link_source=app

Hi, I wouldn't worry about high flow with said plants! Do not forget to use enough river stones if you want the loaches to prosper and even breed depending on species.

I have set a high flow loach tank and I couldn't be happier since it is really lively and hassle-free. You can also keep fan shrimp once the tank is mature. This kind of setup is ideal for them. It is the first I have managed to keep them alive for so long.

Here is a link if you want to have a look.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=58521&share_type=t&link_source=app

Fantastic response and I have looked at your tank very impressive and I am now thinking of adding some suewella. Are they clean fish I used to have ancistrus which were great but made a right mess chewing on all the bogwood I will have. Thanks

Fantastic response and I have looked at your tank very impressive and I am now thinking of adding some suewella. Are they clean fish I used to have ancistrus which were great but made a right mess chewing on all the bogwood I will have. Thanks
I am happy that you liked it! Sewelias are not nowhere as sloppy as plecos. They are small fish after all and are very neat.

Keep in mind they shouldn't be introduced to a new aquarium, they will do far better in a balanced ecosystem that has run for a while.

Back