• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fast growing easy plants

D3@NO

Seedling
Hi People, I'm looking for some fast growing low to medium tech aquarium plants, I've come across the aponogeton ulvaceus and wow never had a plant grow so fast it's amazing, if you have never tried it highly recommended give it plenty of room because it grows a big :)
IMG_20190724_120518.jpg

Give Vallis a go, it's a great plant for low-energy and totally underrated, it should be used more. Amazon Sword and most Echinodorus spp. will grow fast and do well low-energy.
Others I'd go for are Hygrophila spp. like H. polysperma, and H. difformis, and Ludwigia spp. Also, although Crypts are often thought of as slow growing once they get acclimated they will also grow relatively quickly, try C. wendtii for starters.

Limnophila sessiliflora, grows with or without co2 in high or low light. I have to trim this back every other day. Hygrophila corymbosa is another weed, grows too large for our little tank really.
DSCN0817.jpg

Aponogeton ulvaceus grows like that from nutrients stored in the 'bulb'. To keep it going long-term you need to give it plenty of ferts. It's a great plant, and might even flower for you.

Thanks for the info it looks like it's starting to flower out of the water

Back