• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fastest growing plant for a low tech setup.

Got to the stage of trying to choose plants for my 21 L low tech tank.
Yes it is a small tank. At present I am resealing it as it has not held water for about 25 years.
If I get back into this, it will become a hospital/isolation/fry tank.

So can you all give your opinions as to what plants are fast growing, low tech and can cope with a new setup please?
Light is not a problem.
My choice at the moment is HYDROCOTYLE LEUCOCEPHALA (BRAZILIAN PENNYWORT).

Potamogeton sp. if provided with sufficient light it grows extremely fast. For the aquarium, my personal preference is the more delicate Potamogeton gayi (Argentinian Pondweed). In lower light, it is a slow starter and might need a while to establish. Other Potamogetons are a tad more robust.

I'm growing this plant outdoor in a tank at a sunny spot for several years now. And it proves to be indestructible it even survives severe frost. In the summer it takes off again and this is just a little bit of trimmings in a few months worth of growth.
dsc_0094-jpg.jpg

dsc_0030-jpg.jpg

:)

Got to the stage of trying to choose plants for my 21 L low tech tank.
Yes it is a small tank. At present I am resealing it as it has not held water for about 25 years.
If I get back into this, it will become a hospital/isolation/fry tank.

So can you all give your opinions as to what plants are fast growing, low tech and can cope with a new setup please?
Light is not a problem.
My choice at the moment is HYDROCOTYLE LEUCOCEPHALA (BRAZILIAN PENNYWORT).
You can always plant them in the substrate!

Back