• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Faulty 3x24W luminaire

zig

I have a 60cm 3x24W EQJ trading luminaire which has developed a fault, the luminaire is about 2 years old. Two of the bulbs will not work any longer (bulbs are working, luminaire is not!) the center bulb will work fine when it is switched on, but the two outer bulbs (on a seperate switch) will not work any longer. What could be the possible fault here would anyone know, switch problem? fuse problem? totally kaput problem?? out with the old in with the new problem??? I have not opened up the luminaire yet my electrical knowledge is limited (very limited) just looking to see if anyone has solved a similar problem with an overtank luminaire.

Thanks

Hi Peter,

happened to my EJQ-Trading luminnaire too, just buy one of these ballasts:

Code:
http://www.nationallampsandcomponents.co.uk/f.php/Ballasts/High-Frequency-Ballasts-For-T5-Tubes-(Non-Dimmable)/Tridonic-T5-Non-Dimmable-Ballast-2x24Watt/17/298/390

Just copy and past the code, the brakets break the URL if I don't post as code.

It worked fine for me and its very easy to replace.

Copy and paste link works great Paulo, Thankyou.

hmmm thought it might be the ballast but hoped it wouldn't be. I was hoping for a "just stick the wire back in the switch type reply" nice and easy, haha. Nothing terminal anyway I guess thats the main thing, its fixable. I will give those guys a shout tomorrow (live help feature on the website) to see if they deliver to ROI.

Thanks very much Paulo thats very helpful and should see me sorted.

zig said:
Thanks very much Paulo thats very helpful and should see me sorted.
No worries, if you want I can open mine up and take some shots of the wiring if you think that will help.
It was very simple and only took 10 minutes to do after I created a diagram on paper, I can do one up for you too.

Back