• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

faulty co2 regulator?

Garuf

Yes I'd say its' faulty.
I'd also suggest that you are vastly under dosing on your co2, do you run a drop checker?

skeletonw00t said:
How many Bubbles per second would you recommend?
1 bubble per second is a good starting point for 100 litres. Better to underdose CO2 than overdose if there's fish/inverts present.

There are so many variables to consider when calculating bubble rate. For instance in my old 125 litre I used to have 1 bubble every 2 seconds, but the bubbles were relatively big from a Dennerle bubble counter.

As suggested a drop checker is a good idea. Check out this link -

http://www.ukaps.org/drop-checker.htm

Failing that you can make an approximate CO2 calculation using the pH/KH charts. These aren't accurate due to other influencing factors on pH other than carbonic acid but it's better than nothing.

If you have low-moderate lighting then getting 30ppm CO2, as recommended by many is not essential.

skeletonw00t said:
Hi all,

I purchased a co2 regulator - wave techno co2 regulator.

The solonoid buzzes very loudly and even when the solenoid is off the bubbles still come out - would you say this unit is faulty?

Also - how long will a 2kg FE last if i am doing around 1.5 bubbles per second in a 100lr tank?

cheers guys

Are the co2 bubbles constant even after one hour of the solenoid valve switching off, the reason for asking is that after the solenoid switches off and residual gas between the valve / diffuser or reactor (what ever you are using to emit the gas into your tank) will still be emit until the gas pressure reach atmospheric pressure - the pressure in that line could be between 1.5 - 2.5 bar. It does not take long for the co2 to stop say between 5 - 10 mins, if you still have gas being emit into the tank after 30 mins I would say the solenoid valve is faulty. There is a little test that you can carry out to check whether the valve is working correctly - have a read at the attached thread shortcut - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=9692

Hope this helps
Regards
paul.

skeletonw00t said:
Hi,

Well ive come back to the valve this morning and its still constant yes - the solenoid is off and its still bubbling co2 in at the same rate

The solenoid valve is faulty then.

Regards
Paul.

Back