• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Faulty Solenoid?

frothhelmet

I have a Wave CO2 regulator with solenoid which i purchased about a week ago from here;

http://www.firststopaquatics.co.uk/acat ... noid_.html

This is my first foray in pressurized CO2.

Like an earlier poster here, viewtopic.php?f=37&t=9766, I began experiencing problems with this regulator this morning. In particular, when the solenoid turned on the solenoid started to buzz rather loudly, which it never did before. Furthermore, when touching the metal pipe that connects the solenoid to the regulator the heat being produced was almost too much to keep my hands on it. Is this dangerous? Is this normal? Is there a way to stop both of these problems? Thank you for your input!

Both of you want to contact the place where you purchased the reg / solenoid valve from and report the problems you are having - might be a bad batch.

Regards
Paul.

My Wave solenoid (recently purchased) was buzzing loudly when on and letting by when off.
With the CO2 bottle and solenoid both live I opened the needle valve fully for a second (CO2 blasted straight to the tank) which I assume removed some contamination from the solenoid valve seating.
It's no longer buzzing and now shuts off fully.

Doug

RoughIt said:
My Wave solenoid (recently purchased) was buzzing loudly when on and letting by when off.
With the CO2 bottle and solenoid both live I opened the needle valve fully for a second (CO2 blasted straight to the tank) which I assume removed some contamination from the solenoid valve seating.
It's no longer buzzing and now shuts off fully.

Doug

I had this with my latest Wave reg and did the same as above, works perfectly, like my other one. Don't let this put you off this great reg and solenoid :thumbup:

Well, opening the needle valve fully had no effect. But then again, the solenoid is still working properly, just loudly. Messing with the solenoid's position I have been able to reduce most of the annoying sounds, but it is very tempermental. At present the noise level is acceptable and not distracting. I will keep an eye on it and hopefully it will not get any worse. Thanks all.

Back