• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Favourite favourites

Martin

Just to get an overview of what fellow UKapper's preferences are, I thought I'd start a thread on our favourite things. It's just a bit of fun but could be of interest to TGM and Aquaessentials etc. I'll start the ball rolling.....Fave Plant - Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides. Fave fish - Rasbora Dorsiocellata (Emerald eye rasbora). Fave Aquascaping style - Iwagumi. Fave shop - TGM. Fave brand - Eheim, (I would say ADA although it's nice to look at, it's not so nice on the wallet). Fave Fishy gadget - Rhinox diffusers (Mesmerising to watch!) .....so come on join in, add your favourites and maybe once we've had plenty of responses one of the more techy types on here can draw up some sort of graph/ bar chart to reflect our results.

While I love the look of plain blue or black backgrounds, they just don't work for me in real life. And having no background is a big no. I'm a fan of the Juwel structured backgrounds. Many people hate them, but I love watching my shrimp crawl all over them :D They can also be a good base for growing moss on. In the past I've also been tempted to make my own background, but never got around to it.

Style wise, I love Iwagumi, but it doesn't seem to always work with a structured background.

HC is my fave plant atm. But I'm a big moss lover too.

Whiptail cats are amongst my favourite fish, as are Pristella maxillaris (I think they're called xray tetras?). I find all kinds of shrimp cool too, especially some of the Sulawesi shrimp.

Looking forward to getting my Spiro diffuser. Apparently they're crap, but its a start. And its something cool to look at :lol:

Mine change with the time of year and week-by-week, but I'm going to book some trends here...

Favourite Fish:- High quality british bred koi (two breeders I know are starting to produce fish better than some Japanese breeders)
(Favourite Tropical is Apistogramma eremnopyge at the moment)

Plant:- Zantedeschia aetheopica 'Pershore's Fantasia' (Has to be a garden plant at this time of year!)
(Favourite Tropical is Echinodorus 'Oriental')

Favourite Brand:- Oase (Never had a problem with anything of theirs and they hardly use any electricity to move loads of water)

Favourite style:- Iwagima

Favourite shops:- Aqua Essentials for plant stuff, Wharf Aquatics for fish.

Favourite fishy gadget:- RO unit (Or the automatic top-up on my pond that makes filter cleanings a lot less hassle!)

Back