• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

FE and Regulator problem

aaronnorth

i thoiught i would set up my FE today properly, i took it outside to change the pressure, i can get it down to 2 bar with the knob, when i aim for 1.5 bar then the knob has 2 small holes opposite each other and the gas comes out, should it do this? I am thinking no :(

I havent got the plug convertor for the solenoid either, does this need to be switched on while i do this or off?

It is the reg from aquatic magic with the job lot built on.

thanks, i hope it isnt broke :(

Sorry if this is a silly question, but why would you need to adjust the pressure of the FE?

Pick up some plug convertors from Argos - something silly like 2 for £2.50. Or you could just cut the 2 pin plug off and wire up a 3 pin. Warranty goes out of the window then though...

there is the pressure inside the FE (50bar) and then the pressure at which the gas is comin out at (2 bar at the mo) or it might be PSI.

dont want the pressure to high otherwise it will probobaly explode somewhere down the line.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=266

as you can see in Sam's guide, he adjusts it further down

aaronnorth said:
there is the pressure inside the FE (50bar) and then the pressure at which the gas is comin out at (2 bar at the mo) or it might be PSI.

dont want the pressure to high otherwise it will probobaly explode somewhere down the line.

the main cylinder pressure will always be about 50-60 bar.. thats full.. once it starts to drop, itll do so very quickly.

the 2nd pressure is the operating pressure, which should be pre-set to between 1.5bar and 2bar depending on the regulator make.

aaronnorth said:

I don't think you need to worry about anything exploding.

Messing around with it is asking for trouble imo.

aaronnorth said:
so is 2bar for the Operating pressure ok then? it is actually 2.2bar if that makes a difference?

Should it leak though if i want it at 1.5bar?
I'm not sure what you've changed on the regulator... Mine are at 2.2 bar also, so I would think this is fine.

JAmesM said:
aaronnorth said:
so is 2bar for the Operating pressure ok then? it is actually 2.2bar if that makes a difference?

Should it leak though if i want it at 1.5bar?
I'm not sure what you've changed on the regulator... Mine are at 2.2 bar also, so I would think this is fine.

thats fine... theyre pre-set to be the optimum for that regulator.. changing it is a very bad idea. The whole purpose of the regulator is to maintain the operating pressure, regardless of the main primary (cylinder) pressure. Then its down to you to thumb-wheel in the output you want.

The only thing you should be altering is the thumb-wheel.

aaronnorth said:
how come there isnt anything coming out the end of the solenoid?

Whats the thumbwheel? The needle valve?

have you got a main pressure in the cylinder still? 50-60bar?

if both gauges are showing pressure, and nothings coming out of the solenoid, then Id say the solenoid wasnt switched on (has it clicked loudely when turned on?) or faulty.

yes by thumbwheel i mean needle valve :) most have a wheel on the end of them.

Back