• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

FE CO2

Nomad

Seedling
Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm gonna jump into the world of a FE CO2 setup, and been reading what a lot of people use as their regulator, seems this one is what people use:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CO2-Regulator-Ele ... m153.l1262

I have a mate who has a FE for me, but I am a bit unsure of what else I need.

I assume tubing from the regulator is just normal co2 tubing like this, and i cant just use a glass A diffuser.

JBL_CO2-Tube.jpg

I have that already, what else do i need?

Cheers.

lol, i meant and i CAN use a glass diffuser. I was gonna put this under the intake for the filter.

Just reading that now, Ceg,

The one i linked to above already has the bubble counter doesnt it?

Nomad said:
Just reading that now, Ceg,

The one i linked to above already has the bubble counter doesnt it?

I just looked at the ad... yes it does.

It also has a needle valve :) which is essential to be able to get the fine control over your CO2 rate.

check valve? What does that do?

solenoidig8.jpg

Also, where does the tubing to the tank go on this? Is there some form of hole for the tubing to connect to above the bubble counter?

the check valve allows one way movement only... so in the event that water starts feeding back down your CO2 tubing it will get stopped before it reaches the regulator.

I'm sure it will be easy enough to see where the tubing connects when you have the reg in your hands. From the pic I can't say for sure... probably on the brass 'bit' sticking out next to the buble counter. hope that makes some sense!

By the way pressurised CO2 is the business! 8) You won't look back after getting it installed!

check valves stops the tank water returning into the solenoid and short circuiting it!

Tubing goes on the top of the bubble counter (the little silver thingy is pointing to the top.)

You may need to add some PTFE tape around the connection of the bubble counter to the reg as mine had a big leak :( Check for leaks by getting soapy water and brush it on the joints.

aaronnorth said:
check valves stops the tank water returning into the solenoid and short circuiting it!

Tubing goes on the top of the bubble counter (the little silver thingy is pointing to the top.)

You may need to add some PTFE tape around the connection of the bubble counter to the reg as mine had a big leak :( Check for leaks by getting soapy water and brush it on the joints.

lol. Aaron I beat you to that post, but I think yours was more accurate!

I think Clive removed his bubble counter completely to save worrying about leaks\maintenance of it.
Personally, I don't use a bubble counter as I can count the bubbles using my reactor easily enough so it is superfluous for me.

Nomad said:
Brilliant guys, you have help a lot.

Your welcome :)

When you have it set up, it is worth spending the effort on making sure your CO2 is at a good level and is being distributed well aound the tank. Your plants will respond handsomely when you get it right. That is all discussion for another thread though!

Back