• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Feature Tank

Jadabean

I am returning to the hobby after a long absence and have been catching up / doing a lot of research and as usual it has thrown up a lot of questions and I would be grateful for input from members which will help point me in the right direction.
I have a very specific project in mind - I would like to set up a tank which.....
  • Is a visual statement which appeals to fishkeeprs and non-fishkeepers alike.
  • The aquarium, aquascape and inhabitants must provide pleasure to even the casual viewer
  • It must give the impression it is a snapshot of a natural biotope.
  • No visable signs of technoligy.
I have a place for a 160cm long tank and I realise that to achieve what I envisage I will need to be prepared to spend a sum of money so my starting point is the tank itself. I have done a lot of looking but keep coming back to the (expensive) Eheim Incpiria pure 530 - although I have not seen it"in the flesh" and first impressions are...

PRO's
  • Build quality
  • Lighting provided
  • No glass between the lights and the water
  • The dry built in access shaft and filter suction outlets
CONS
  • THe light across the front of the cabinate is an unnecessary bit of bling
  • would prefer the dry shaft to be in the middle
  • Price !
Does anyone on the forum own one of these tanks ? or does anyone have an opinion !

Have you looked at bespoke? For that price I'd want something that ticks all the boxes. Pick what you like from it and then change what you don't. I imagine you could pick up the same lights separately if you want them. I've used Aquariums4Life Custom Aquarium Manufactures for tanks before and they do some nice looking systems.

Hi Tam - thanks for your reply - I have looked at A4L and agree they do nice stuff and I may look into it further - things I need to consider are...
  • I have heard some custom manufacturers will not do copies of other makers tanks
  • I have also heard that once you start requesting special features the price ramps up - sometimes to the point that for a bit more you can have the origonal product.
but for sure I agree - at that price I need to be sure that there are not other options which will fit the bill...

Back