• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Feedback on Forum Upgrade

I don't get that issue with my iPhone and Tapatalk. Have yhou tried a reboot of your phone Nath?
Have not experienced those issues on Android either, not an iPhone user myself!

I'm really starting to get used to the new forum and I now prefer it to the old one. When using the forum on my iPad, the predictive text seems to have a mind of its own, don't know why this is.

I'm really starting to get used to the new forum and I now prefer it to the old one. When using the forum on my iPad, the predictive text seems to have a mind of its own, don't know why this is.

Hey Matt, the predictive text on the iPad is notorious in the developer community! Im an iPad developer and its forever a source of frustration and amusement!

Im sure you already know it, but just in case u dont, you can turn off the predictive text on your iOS device.

Hey Matt, the predictive text on the iPad is notorious in the developer community! Im an iPad developer and its forever a source of frustration and amusement!

Im sure you already know it, but just in case u dont, you can turn off the predictive text on your iOS device.
Ha, yeah it has been annoying me too! Didn't know you could turn it off, I'll look into that.

To turn off the dreaded iOS predictive, just go to...

Settings
General
Keyboard
and set AUTO CORRECTION to "off"

I haven't used the website as much as I did before the upgrade.
Why is this? The number of daily users and number of registered users has increased considerably since the upgrade.

Just an idea, apologies if this had already been mentioned earlier up the the thread but to take a bit of pressure of London Dragon and quicken resolving issues perhaps it may be an idea if firstly a sticky was created for the majority of mobile OS's ie Blackberry, IOS and Android as it seems that a lot of the issues are related to mobile devices and how they interact with the new board format. Changes LD makes may be beneficial to one OS and not others so a compromise may have to be found. Also users of these devices may have workarounds they could share as they are probably more familiar with the device than LD. Hey he can't know everything :rolleyes: Secondly if people put their system specs, browser etc at the start of the post it would help in identifying if there's a common issue associated.
Just an idea.

Secondly if people put their system specs, browser etc at the start of the post it would help in identifying if there's a common issue associated.
Providing this information is always key for me to resolve issues. The only issue I see is that I tried to make the rich text editor available on mobile devices but their cut down versions of web browsers seem to be different from device to device or even version to version of the same OS, so I have disabled that for the time being. It was working, but on some devices it caused odd behaviour which sometimes was not obvious to the member how to proceed or get around it, so back to basics.
I have seen quite a few issues which are device related rather than forum software related.

I miss..'today's post's". The new post's feature is same?
Can't help but feel I may be missing something other than my car key's,,glasses,, youth.

I'd just like to say Paulo you are doing a fantastic job here! I've just been reading all posts with members teething issues, and you have most of them sorted! Brilliant stuff mate.

I'd just like to say Paulo you are doing a fantastic job here! I've just been reading all posts with members teething issues, and you have most of them sorted! Brilliant stuff mate.
Thanks Gary, much appreciated ;)

Why is this? The number of daily users and number of registered users has increased considerably since the upgrade.

maybe it me, I'm getting old (24 by the way), lol. I liked the simplicity of the old site. Everything was much easier to navigate.

maybe it me, I'm getting old (24 by the way), lol. I liked the simplicity of the old site. Everything was much easier to navigate.
Once you get used to the new one, you won't even remember how crap the old one was ;)

Back