• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Feeding frozen food on bare substrate and not amongst the pl

maj74

Well my 250l discus tank is planted up now, and the CO2 system is installed and working at a very low level just to get the fish used to the idea!

However, I'd been thinking about the issue of avoiding food ending up in the ground cover planted area, and I've had a bit of a brainwave.

I've left an area of unplanted substrate with the aim of always feeding the fish at that end of the tank, but the problem of course is that froxen food floats around the tank in the current until it decides to drop... all over the palce of course, so I've solved it with my new invention!

Used a Tropica pot from the plants, wired it with a long handle, and problem solved. Now I just place the block of food in the water, plunge the pot over the top and down to the area of substrate I want it to be in, leave the handle hooked over the side for a couple of minutes until the food drops and then remove the pot, leaving the food exactly where I want it!

Now I just have to get the discus used to knowing where their food will appear.

i like the over engineering of feeding!!! Any pics?

Back